A question to "Predictive" Adaptive Cruise Control (PACC) users

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Hi everyone,

If your Mk3 Leon has PACC feature, I'd like to ask you something.

Suppose you just started driving, and you didn't engage the ACC yet. But it's turned on, just waiting in stand-by for you to set the speed and activate it, so it shows two dashes (--) in place of the set speed display at the bottom right corner. For standard ACC users, it stays like that until you set a cruising speed, after that it shows the speed you set, obviously. My question is for PACC users: After you started driving, as soon as the first traffic sign recognised by the camera or as soon as the navigation system provided the speed limit of the street/road you're on, does that cruising speed display at the bottom right start showing the recognised/provided speed limit automatically, instead of two dashes?

I'm asking this because I was told that that is the way it works, by a retrofitter who tried to activate the PACC in my car but didn't seem to succeed. Some other retrofitter says he didn't see anything like that. I have yet to verify those claims because I haven't seen the system at work with my own eyes or didn't have the opportunity to ask someone who already has it.

We've been still working on the subject, trying new things, such as replacing the relatively old infotainment unit with a newer one but couldn't manage to get it to work yet. While testing, I still look at the cruising speed display to check if it works or not, after trying something new, as I'm told by that first retrofitter. But I'm not sure about that anymore. And yes, the so-called retrofitters around here are all clueless chaps.

I would greatly appreciate if anybody around here has PACC in their car and care to enlighten me about it :)

Thanks & best regards,
Serdar

Sent from my 23013PC75G using Tapatalk

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Yes it's normal for it to automatically set the speed when it reads a road sign/reads T E navigation data.

If you disable observe maximum speed limit or similar in the ACC menu, this won't happen

As we've mentioned in the past, we can help you get it operating correctly
If only I could find a suitable diagnostics device :(

This will end up me purchasing one I guess.

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
VNCI 6154a, £70

Will be absolutely fine for the above, most of the job has been done by the previous guy anyway
It is more like £180 around here.

Not sure if it would cost less when personally imported from abroad + shipping + customs duties.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members