Chris Knott

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » Diagnostics, Tuning and Modification » VAG-COM & Diagnostics » Vag-Com 'help' Requests

Vag-Com 'help' Requests Do you need a code read / help with some datalogging? Ask in here (remembering this is an ask for favours...) Commercial autoelectricians are not welcome to post.

Old 28-10-2017, 11:59   #1
Rusty90

Rusty90 has 10 points
Looking where I can gat some vcom mods Glasgow

Looking to get some vag com mods turned on where can I get this done or do I just need to dig deep and buy a cable ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rusty90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 21:01   #2
theoldboy

theoldboy has 10 points
I am sure there are some nice folks in Glasgow who can help you out.

You can also look at OBD11 and Carista these also allow you to turn on the common changes.

Nice looking car as well.

Last edited by theoldboy; 28-10-2017 at 21:02.
theoldboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 13:17   #3
Rusty90

Rusty90 has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldboy View Post
I am sure there are some nice folks in Glasgow who can help you out.

You can also look at OBD11 and Carista these also allow you to turn on the common changes.

Nice looking car as well.

Thanks man still not found a vag com cable about looking in to the other options you have said what one do you recommend and how do I go about doing the mods like coming home lights and that ? With the Carisa or obd11?

Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rusty90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 21:41   #4
theoldboy

theoldboy has 10 points
No problem sorry nobody came forward to help.

Might be worth a shout in the Ibiza forum just in case.

OK OBD11 is my tool of choice and you can get the dongle here and download the app from playstore.

For Carista you need to go here and again download the app, this one supports both Apple and Android but they don't offer the same stuff.

Firstly I would check out what changes you can make on your car, I have a leon and there is a lot that can be done but I have not seen so much documentation on Ibiza so check before you buy.

OBD11 offers changes in a number of different ways, check out http://obdeleven.proboards.com/threa...&scrollTo=8970 this will give you some idea of what and how. If you can find VCDS coding for your car it is normally very easy to adapt to OBD11.

Carista seems to be a menu based system but I dont have it so cant comment I am afraid.

If you are just after error code checking then I would recomend torque pro and this checks the error logs but also allows you to set up some visual screens to show stuff people like.

If you need more let me know.
theoldboy is offline   Reply With Quote