double din head-unit recommendations

R3ign

Jul 30, 2010
Aberystwyth, Wales
As the title, any decent double din head-units out there ?

I'm not fussed with the extras on them like sat nav and rear parking inputs.

just looking for good sound output and a double din touch screen.

thanks

leon20v

its all about the BOC
Feb 4, 2008
Charleston SC, USA
i've got a pioneer p4300dvd, works with the ipod ( via optional cable) rear mounted USB connection with a 2 meter extension cord( have mine mounted in the glovebox) , sd slot hidden behind the fold out screen. Plays CD & DVD, Divx , jpg, etc
lots of EQ settings and nice and powerfull to. Makes even the standard speakers sound a load better.
Using a connect2 adaptor it works with the standard remote fine.

Pesto*

Ive got a Pioneer AVH-3200 DVD, Awsum improvement on the speaker side, touch screen, bit in ampilfire for the speakers. Compatible with ipod/iphone etc, sd card reader n u can get a update for sat nav. bulit in bluetooth wrks with all the controls on steering wheel with an adapter bout 20quid. Conectors for my sub plus extra if u wnted to fit playstation xbox etc in ya car

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22418_Pioneer-AVH-P3200DVD.html

Silent Shark

Apr 3, 2010
I installed a Pioneer F900BT on Friday (because I did want extras like sat nav :p ), and it was pretty easy to do.

I echo those who are saying Pioneer. I'm very happy with mine.

Fitted with a CTSST001 lead, which required no additional wiring and allows me to use steering controls.

Ninja10R

Dec 20, 2010
Athens, Greece
www.trackbike.gr
apparently yes it would.

No it wouldn't :D

I have installed a JVC KW-AVX830 with a detachable 7'' screen and i am absolutely delighted. It has BT (totally compatible with iPhone) which supports phone function and music streaming, and an optional video in cable which also supports screening navigation from iPhone. The sound quality is very good too.

my_FR_2.jpg

my_FR_20.jpg

Aaz

May 21, 2011
Kent, England
I have installed a JVC KW-AVX830 with a detachable 7'' screen and i am absolutely delighted. It has BT (totally compatible with iPhone) which supports phone function and music streaming, and an optional video in cable which also supports screening navigation from iPhone. The sound quality is very good too.

my_FR_2.jpg

my_FR_20.jpg

I really like the look of this mate!

Love the idea of a detachable screen :) where you get this from and how much you pay for it mate?

Ninja10R

Dec 20, 2010
Athens, Greece
www.trackbike.gr
Cheers mate, is there any extra cables I would need to get? Such as, making the steering wheel controls work...

You will need:

* Connects 2 CT23ST06 Dark Black Double Din Facia Plate Kit
* Autoleads PC5-137 Seat Ibiza, Leon, Toledo Amplified DIN Aerial Adaptor
* Connects 2 CTSST001 Seat Ibiza, Toledo, Leon, Altea Stalk Control Adaptor + JVC stereo patch lead

No needed for the install, but good to have as it adds ipod - iphone video connectivity is the optional JVC KS-U30 ipod video in cable.

Aaz

May 21, 2011
Kent, England
You will need:

* Connects 2 CT23ST06 Dark Black Double Din Facia Plate Kit
* Autoleads PC5-137 Seat Ibiza, Leon, Toledo Amplified DIN Aerial Adaptor
* Connects 2 CTSST001 Seat Ibiza, Toledo, Leon, Altea Stalk Control Adaptor + JVC stereo patch lead

No needed for the install, but good to have as it adds ipod - iphone video connectivity is the optional JVC KS-U30 ipod video in cable.

Cheers mate :)

succulant

Its good to know that the CTSST001 lead works as I'm about to put my Pioneer Deh8800BT in and would miss the steering wheel controls if they stopped working. Did you find that the standard speakers were much better with the better head unit or are replacements required? I'm fitting a FLI sub and amp and would prefer not to have to do the speakers too.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.