Fitting mk2 Leon OEM stereo in a mk1

TollyV5

Dec 7, 2023
Hi all, apologies for posting here, but the Toledo mk2 forum seems basically dead and technically the Leon is the same car..

New Toledo 170 V5 owner here! I'm the 3rd owner having bought her from a previous owner of 16 years, which is very rare these days!

I'm investigating my options for stereo replacement and want to replace the factory double din sat nav unit and CD changer - I've pretty much worked out the bits I need for fitting an aftermarket unit, but ive searched high and low and cannot find any information on whether it's possible to buy an adapter to fit a mk2 OEM Leon stereo (like the RNS310/315) in my mk2 Toledo?

I'd like to keep it as standard Seat as possible, but haven't found anyone asking this question anywhere? I'm sure the answer will be no, you're an idiot - but I'd like it confirmed as it's possible to fit the same aftermarket head unit in both a mk1 and mk2 Leon with different adapters, so why not the OEM head unit?

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
The mk1 Leon & mk2 Toledo are essentially the same car apart from the arseend so you'll have no issues fitting parts from one to another.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
The RNS310/315 listings say they don't even work with Mk2 Leons made before 2008, so I think there's more to it than just getting an ISO harness adapter.

Personally I don't think it would look OEM anyway because they're obviously from different generations and the switches don't match anything else on the dash. A simple minimalist modern touch screen unit fits in better to my eyes

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
I just wish the Blaupunkt Frankfurt RCM82DAB wasn't so damn expensive as I think it would look good in single din install.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.