mk2 steering wheel

Nov 13, 2020
anyone got any advice on the wiring for the airbag.. ive seen people fit mk5 golf steering wheels to their mk4s but cant find anything on the wiring. i have the wheel fitted and bolted up but just need to convert the mk1 airbag connector to the mk2.. is this possible?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
anyone got any advice on the wiring for the airbag.. ive seen people fit mk5 golf steering wheels to their mk4s but cant find anything on the wiring. i have the wheel fitted and bolted up but just need to convert the mk1 airbag connector to the mk2.. is this possible?

[mention]bruceR [/mention]has changed his for the mk3 version, so might have some tips. I think there might be a how-to as well, but I'm having trouble finding it browsing from my phone.

Link to the post on the interior mods thread:

Show your interior mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 13, 2020
[mention]bruceR [/mention]has changed his for the mk3 version, so might have some tips. I think there might be a how-to as well, but I'm having trouble finding it browsing from my phone.

Link to the post on the interior mods thread:

Show your interior mods

found it cheers! any idea if the wires will be the same or similar for the mk2? aka old brown to new white wires etc or how i could check, dont want an airbag blowing up lol

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Hi Luke, I replaced my mk1 FR steering wheel with a mk3 FR steering wheel, I followed a guide on vw.vortex mk5 onto mk4
18f27741a4f07bccdda68d8f7514d40e.jpg

Nov 13, 2020
Hi Luke, I replaced my mk1 FR steering wheel with a mk3 FR steering wheel, I followed a guide on vw.vortex mk5 onto mk4
18f27741a4f07bccdda68d8f7514d40e.jpg

hey mate! love the car. ive followed that guide and i just wanna be sure of the colours and everything before i start pulling stuff apart.. was it an exact guide? bc ive heard that the seat and vw colours etc change, for example blue becomes white etc

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.