Rear wiper.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Had the car 3 months approx and the rear wiper juddered from the off, changed it yesterday for a cheap Bosch blade and what a difference, a mate has had his car 6 months and it has done the same from new so I picked up two actually, fitted his and all clear, anyone else found the one fitment crap?

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
As far as I know the standard ones Seat use are also Bosch.

Bosch are definitely not that good to be fair, Valeo seem to be much better.

ERIC3451

Jan 20, 2014
Northern Ireland
Had the car over 3 years now, and yes the original rear wiper judders like mad. Surprised to hear others with same experience. Will have to replace.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I bit the bullet and ordered a new rear wiper. Thought my fronts needed replacing in the heavy rain today. Lots of streaks. I'll clean and see how they are.

ERIC3451

Jan 20, 2014
Northern Ireland
Replaced my original front wipers some time back. Replaced with original wipers as factory fitted. Still some slight smearing from them from new!
Always found in the past that original wipers fitted at the factory at manufacture were the best (no matter what make of car) even if I replaced them with original make and type.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Replaced my original front wipers some time back. Replaced with original wipers as factory fitted. Still some slight smearing from them from new!
Always found in the past that original wipers fitted at the factory at manufacture were the best (no matter what make of car) even if I replaced them with original make and type.

That was fine logic until you met the pants wipers that are on the mk3

duchess99

Sep 25, 2016
66 plate ST here. Mine's Bosch. Drove back in torrential rain on M6 last night. Works fine.

ali831

Apr 19, 2008
hampshire
our front one split so whilst getting them sorted did the rear aswell that has always juddered and made a hell of a racket. New ones are bosch, no streaks or smears and completely silent. Used carparts4less and the code WINTER10 to get 10% discount. ( not sure if code is still valid now)

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Did a similar thing, one split found other was near knackered so replaced all 3, got 3 Bosch for 24 quid thought was reasonable pricing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ali831

Apr 19, 2008
hampshire
mine were £28 but I got all 3 as individual blades to make sure I got the right size for the drivers side. I know the twin packs have the wrong size in by a couple of inches I believe but buying them separately works out a bit more expensive

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Rear wiper was fine on my 2yr old 1.8 FR, now 3 months in with the Cupra and its shot already.
Must be a different supplier somewhere.
My old car is still at the dealers, maybe I will pop round and swap the blade?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)

The Heyner ones (16/26") I replaced at the beginning of the week are far superior than the originals, perfect wipe, silent and no smearing and only £18.99 on Amazon.

ERIC3451

Jan 20, 2014
Northern Ireland
Fitted new rear wiper blade. Bought from dealership (no expense spared), and no more juddering. Great:)

Thanks for the advice on the front wipers. When I next replace the front I will give the Heyner (16"/26") a try.

Last edited:

SteveFR

Dec 7, 2016
Bucks
My rear wiper judders loudly, which can give me quite a start when I'm reversing and the radio volume is automatically lowered for the parking sensors!

Looking to purchase the Valeo 574612 WIPER BLADE SILENCIO X.TRM REAR VM265 from an eBay seller for £6.31, hopefully they live up to their name!

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Should improve the noise. I have the same rear wiper and noise now gone. Don't mind the rear convenience wipe now when selecting reverse.

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
Put up with the squeaky rear wiper for over two years just assuming it wasn't wet enough to use. Had to get a cheap halfords own brand to replace the original rear wiper and its been gloriously silent ever since.

moriarty

Apr 6, 2015
Edinburgh
It didn't occur to me until reading this thread but changed wipers at start of the winter for Valeo on front and Bosch on rear and the horrible juddering has stopped.