Forum maintenance upgrade - 02/09/08

Mat

not liking it being pushed all the way over to the left. I usually like to see a nice little border/space around the edges.

guess it'll grow on me over time.

also, is it possible to change the icons next to the Leon/Ibiza section (and others), they had padlocks which indicates they're locked, but you can post in the sub-sections :shrug:

Just an idea

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
as it is. i dont really like it personally, i may be alone in this but as the old saying goes if it aint broke, dont fix it

Trouble is it was broke, and was fast being left behind. The original skin was an off the shelf unsupported and non-compatible with this new forum software.

Eventually vB will scale down any support for the old software, so it left SCN wide open to hackers, spammers you name it.

By upgrading we firstly ensure we have future support, we get all the new features that people are already finding out about and are running the most secure software we can.

This skin was created for us bespoke. So in that sense we have a unique skin for our purposes which we can build upon.

Don't expect everyone to like it, and frankly its more about keeping my interest level in continuing running the forum. If we get fed up and bored by not evolving the forum then there is no point in carrying on with it.

Mat

Search

Loving the Quick Search box at the top left. Hopefully it'll get used more than the link in the main menu. Guess that's the intention there

Mat

Conversations

sorry for another thread, but no doubt will have a lot over next few days.

Just sent DPJ a message, but it was sent as a convo not a PM. He then replied which generated as a pop up window. I closed this by mistake, and now don't seem to be able to find what his reply was.

How do we get back to conversations started?

Edit: Found it in PM box, will leave this here in case others have a blonde moment like i just did

Mat

is it possible to have a link in the main menu to "social groups". Saves having to access own profile etc. May encourage people to use that more for chats etc

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Click on quicklinks and it's under there too.

That's both PMs and Social Groups for all you lazy people. :p

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise