Re-setting the Service Indicator

DaveMc

Nov 8, 2014
Durham
Hi all, car was due a service, just oil an fuel/air filters etc. I've done this myself but now can't reset the service indicator on the dash. Tried plugging in my dads OBD scanner and re-setting to no avail, it won't connect (not VCDS, but an Audi/VW specific scanner, seems to work well on everything else I've tried). Now I'm stuck on how to reset, can anyone tell me the sequence of buttons on the dash to use to do this (surely there is one, I've tried allsorts but nothing seems to work). Thanks in advance. Dave

kblackburn

Aug 15, 2012
holme/cumbria
service indicator reset procedure, is done via vcds software, as follows

Please try saving the following new values in each of these Adaptation
> channels in this specific order in 17-Instruments:
>
> Channel 45 new value 2
> Channel 42 new value 90
> Channel 43 new value 190
> Channel 49 new value 730
> Channel 44 new value 730
>
> Some of them may not be available, if so, just skip to the next one.

this is for variable service ..

kev

DaveMc

Nov 8, 2014
Durham
Cheers lads, haven't had another look yet but will try again later today. I'm hoping I can find a way to do it without VCDS as I don't have it. Not really interested and going to pay a garage to reset the indicator as defies the point of me servicing myself.

DWaldie

Aug 21, 2012
Cheers lads, haven't had another look yet but will try again later today. I'm hoping I can find a way to do it without VCDS as I don't have it. Not really interested and going to pay a garage to reset the indicator as defies the point of me servicing myself.

It's definitely in the manual. Did it myself last year.

ajf3011

Jan 30, 2015
Burnham
Page 75 in the handbook.

Ignition off
Press and hold service button (spanner) and switch ignition on. Display shows Service in....KM or Service!
Press and hold reset button (O.O) until display shows Service in....KM....days or Service!

After reset miles/days until next service will remain blank until vehicle has been driven for 500km.
It is only possible to reset to a fixed service schedule with this method, variable servicing requires reset with VCDS.

Last edited:

mcdonald