2021 Cupra Leon eHyrbrid 2nd year Service

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
I'm having a hard time trying to get a definitive answer on what's required for the second service on my 2021 Cupra Leon eHybrid.

It's just done 14,5000 miles and recently a notification came on the dash indicating a service is due which coincides with it being a year since it was serviced last. Simple right?

I'm trying, and failing, to understand what is required in the 'second service'. I've tried several Seat/Cupra dealerships, as well as speaking to Cupra UK, and I've been told so many different requirements, and therefore quotes, I've lost the plot.

Some Seat/Cupra dealers are quoting me £249 for an "oil and filter" service, some are insisting it needs the brake fluid changing as well and are quoting me £349 while another dealer insisted the 12volt battery needs replacement "as part of the service".

I've spoken to Cupra UK three times and three different people have told me three different things.

Has anyone else got a 2021 2021 Cupra Leon eHybrid that's done similar milage and if so what was required in your second service? Thanks in advance.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I can’t comment from a Cupra perspective, but with VW cars on the annual (time and distance) service regime, the second service is an oil+filter change plus inspection. The first brake fluid change used to be at three years old, but within the last 12 months or so VW have changed this so the first brake fluid change is now at two years old.

Sorry, but can’t comment on whether or not there would be any hybrid-specific servicing requirements over and above the servicing work carried out on an ICE car.

Reactions: .Griff.

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
I can’t comment from a Cupra perspective, but with VW cars on the annual (time and distance) service regime, the second service is an oil+filter change plus inspection. The first brake fluid change used to be at three years old, but within the last 12 months or so VW have changed this so the first brake fluid change is now at two years old.

Sorry, but can’t comment on whether or not there would be any hybrid-specific servicing requirements over and above the servicing work carried out on an ICE car.
Thanks for the response.

The common consensus seems to align with your opening part - namely it's an oil/filter and inspection service. They all seem to agree on that.

Interesting to read your comment about the brake fluid change interval. Some dealers are saying it's due now on the second service while others are adamant it's due on the third service. I guess if what you're saying is correct then some dealers aren't aware.

Quite why one dealership is adamant the 12v battery needs changing after two years I'm not so sure but I'm not exactly inclined to believe them.

Thanks again!

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
If you get yourself and Erwin account you should be able to find the service schedule broken down for all Leons. https://erwin.seat.com/erwin/showHome.do you have to pay hour/day/week and then you can save all the documents you want to PDF files. The MK3 ones are saved on this site already but afraid I have not seen the mk4 ones

Reactions: .Griff.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.