Auto folding mirror mod

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
So, now that "buyer 2" and "buyer 3" have identified themselves, and are happy with their purchase, who was "buyer 1" - are they not a SeatCupra.Net forum user - or did they find that they did not have electric folding mirror function after all? Just curious that is all - speak out speak out where ever you are!

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
I also bought one, this is the last time I spend monet in the car this year, I hope :)

explorer

Jul 8, 2016
Hi, thanks for order. I am on the holiday to 22.9 from today but I have registred tracking number and will pack it I send by someone to your address up to Monday 11.9. You can check it by tracking number.

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I also bought one, this is the last time I spend monet in the car this year, I hope :)

Good! I did not make it clear but I was trying to find out the first buyer of the UK version - I thought that they would probably be on this forum, and would have reported in on "how it went" when they fitted it - maybe not fitted it yet?

It seems to be a very sensible and simple modification to add to and improve your car if it left the factory with electric folding mirrors.

I read the "customisation" section in Carista yesterday, and it sounds like if you have, at least the 6C Polo, and it left the factory with electric folding mirrors, Carista can change when that happens to make it automatic, not of any use to me as my wife's 6C Polo does not have electric folding mirrors, but I was just checking through all the latest options and spotted that one. Please note that this does not apply to the 6R Polo or the equivalent Ibiza that this mod is being sold to fit.

explorer

Jul 8, 2016
Good! I did not make it clear but I was trying to find out the first buyer of the UK version - I thought that they would probably be on this forum, and would have reported in on "how it went" when they fitted it - maybe not fitted it yet?

It seems to be a very sensible and simple modification to add to and improve your car if it left the factory with electric folding mirrors.

I read the "customisation" section in Carista yesterday, and it sounds like if you have, at least the 6C Polo, and it left the factory with electric folding mirrors, Carista can change when that happens to make it automatic, not of any use to me as my wife's 6C Polo does not have electric folding mirrors, but I was just checking through all the latest options and spotted that one. Please note that this does not apply to the 6R Polo or the equivalent Ibiza that this mod is being sold to fit.

Hi, I think that first buyer is not from this forum. He have already installed this device and send me feedback via ebay message that its working fine and add feedback to my ebay account too ;)

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Ok thanks

Ps: mine is left handed.

Yes, that is the best plan for driving in Portugal!! I have driven in France/Belgium/Holland with the steering wheel on the "wrong" side of the car, and it is not good, so now we fly and hire locally.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Ibiz...&sd=322747276041&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

That is the link for the RHD version - that should take you to the RHD versions, ie the HWIUK.

I seem to remember that explorer has said that he is away on holiday, but that should not stall things for too long!

Edit:- "away until 22/09" { re explorer on holiday!}

Edit:- I went looking for the correct link and so have edited this posting, though I see that dm222 has beaten me to it, but I've changed this one to save any trouble for you.

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Would I be able to fit this in my 63 plate Ibiza FR?

I'll stick my neck out and say "yes" as your car is a pre-face lift with the early electronics, as long as it has powered mirrors.

Facelift was not until a bit later and has the larger touch screen "radio"

Last edited:

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Ibiz...&sd=322747276041&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

That was the link for the first of the LHD version, in that page on ebay, you should either be redirected to a new listing, and/or "users other items" - that should take you to the RHD versions, ie the HWIUK.

I seem to remember that explorer has said that he is away on holiday, but that should not stall things for too long!

If I find that that link does not work I'll look and see if I can find the ebay listing that I bought mine from.

Edit:- "away until 22/09" { re explorer on holiday!}

Yes but I think he still posts the items, as mine was posted almost immediatly after ordering.

propane94

Bearded Ginger
Nov 15, 2012
Portsmouth
Thanks for the replies guys, will order one now. For those who have installed it, what is the best way you have found to cut the slot??

I was thinking either wire cutters, a small hack saw or a file.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Wire cutters, in essence it is all of the side with the latching/locking bit for the plug - ie to retain it well.

If you were selling the car and wanting to sell this on, I'd suggest applying a blob of RTV on the socket/plug after you have removed this mod and refitted the plug fully, that would make sure that there was no chance of the plug working loose - as if you would worry if you sold the car on.

propane94

Bearded Ginger
Nov 15, 2012
Portsmouth
Wire cutters, in essence it is all of the side with the latching/locking bit for the plug - ie to retain it well.

If you were selling the car and wanting to sell this on, I'd suggest applying a blob of RTV on the socket/plug after you have removed this mod and refitted the plug fully, that would make sure that there was no chance of the plug working loose - as if you would worry if you sold the car on.

So you cut off the bit that holds the clip for the connector in??

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Yes, initially I only cut a narrow slot, but discovered that it really needs the full width of that area cut out. I just did what you might expect, cut far enough down one side, cut the same down the other side then use the wire cutters to bend and break the cut section out. Once you have the module in your hands you can see that it can only fit one way round, at least as far as RHD (UK etc) is concerned, it is the plug latching side that gets cut out of the switch mounted socket.

Edit:- I would expect that if you removed that module and refitted the plug as the car was originally, the connector pins are so long that there is virtually no chance of that plug subsequently unplugging itself, as well as the plug is quite tight in that socket casing/housing - but I added the precaution of applying a spot of RTV to cover that eventuality - that is all. VAG will have included a locking latch to that plug/socket because it makes good sense and they do that in all other situations.

Another Edit:- also, the cable form appears through the door or arm rest moulding grommet and it is going no where as there is not enough spare free space for it to drop off that switch.

Last edited:
Reactions: propane94

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
I have an after market switch and the conector does not lock into the swtich and still I don't think it will ever come off as you said, not much space to move.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Mine arrived today, I hope to install it soon :)

70e6c27fbe29f1307d7800bbdb26d700.jpg

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.