Auto folding mirror mod

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Ah, sorry, so you are Holland based, I would have expected that NL cars are the same in this respect to UK cars, and yes I agree on the 6J up to 2015 and 6P 2015> until the new model came out.

Have you modified that car by replacing the original BCM from another VW Group car to allow other options to be fitted?

I think that if you look up any VW Group car parts listings, the BCM for a late pre-facelift 5J should be 6R0 - but maybe I am wrong!

Edit:- I have checked a VW Group parts listing and see that VW Group did changes some of these BCM part numbers for late pre-facelift cars, so that could be why you are having problems. So, does this mean that later 6J Ibizas were almost 6P - well "looking like" 6P electrically as far as BCM is concerned?
Later, ah, 7H0 is only used on later cars with LED headlights.

Last edited:

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
Ah, sorry, so you are Holland based, I would have expected that NL cars are the same in this respect to UK cars, and yes I agree on the 6J up to 2015 and 6P 2015> until the new model came out.

Have you modified that car by replacing the original BCM from another VW Group car to allow other options to be fitted?

I think that if you look up any VW Group car parts listings, the BCM for a late pre-facelift 5J should be 6R0 - but maybe I am wrong!

Everything is original. I am second owner of the car of was a ex lease car of dealership. I Can send jou a lot of vcds scans of module 9 from different 6J's and facelift like mine. Some begins with 6R0 yes. 6C0 for pq26(6P) mine does not start with 6R0..

propane94

Bearded Ginger
Nov 15, 2012
Portsmouth
Quick question.

I have version 1, and have been using it for a while now and love it!!

One thing I have noticed, if I start the car too quickly, the mirrors don't unfold and I have to toggle the mirror switch to get it to unfold.

Is this normal, I can only guess the signal is not sent.

I can reproduce by turning on the ignition and starting the car immediately, then returning the key to the running position.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

explorer

Jul 8, 2016
Quick question.

I have version 1, and have been using it for a while now and love it!!

One thing I have noticed, if I start the car too quickly, the mirrors don't unfold and I have to toggle the mirror switch to get it to unfold.

Is this normal, I can only guess the signal is not sent.

I can reproduce by turning on the ignition and starting the car immediately, then returning the key to the running position.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi, I think this is the motor protection routine in central electronics. State is changed bud motor is locked in folded position because there is high pressure in rotation mechanic (folding motor is overloaded). I have simulated this state in cold weather but only very occasionally. Maybe some silicone to nechanical parts is good medecine :)

Everything is original. I am second owner of the car of was a ex lease car of dealership. I Can send jou a lot of vcds scans of module 9 from different 6J's and facelift like mine. Some begins with 6R0 yes. 6C0 for pq26(6P) mine does not start with 6R0..

Hi,
your BCM is PQ25. 7H0 electronics is mounted in cars with led DRL.
Some facelift ibizas have pq25 electronics. So you have Ibiza 6J

6C0 bcm is based on MQB (Ibiza 6P is codename for model with this BCM) - there is possible activate autofilding system via VCDS or another diagnostic interface.

Car with 6C0 bcm is based on PQ26 platform BUT PQ26 platform is HYBRID between MQB and PQ platform. So some components are from pq platform and some from mqb.

6C0 BCM is MQB component which is backward compatible with some PQ componets. 6C0 bcm have component protection like in MQB platform cars.

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
Hi, I think this is the motor protection routine in central electronics. State is changed bud motor is locked in folded position because there is high pressure in rotation mechanic (folding motor is overloaded). I have simulated this state in cold weather but only very occasionally. Maybe some silicone to nechanical parts is good medecine :)

Hi,
your BCM is PQ25. 7H0 electronics is mounted in cars with led DRL.
Some facelift ibizas have pq25 electronics. So you have Ibiza 6J

6C0 bcm is based on MQB (Ibiza 6P is codename for model with this BCM) - there is possible activate autofilding system via VCDS or another diagnostic interface.

Car with 6C0 bcm is based on PQ26 platform BUT PQ26 platform is HYBRID between MQB and PQ platform. So some components are from pq platform and some from mqb.

6C0 BCM is MQB component which is backward compatible with some PQ componets. 6C0 bcm have component protection like in MQB platform cars.
Yes i have a 6J facelift. With led drl and afs bi- xenon yes. Just like the 6P... but not the seat multimedia system with nav but the seat Garmin pid.
fe35df66f5badcd3fd8360710e54060e.jpg
6a1e16b81d07bc9f5fce01ba37fe2ed8.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Reactions: dm222

ChriskiB

Oct 16, 2018
Using HW1R and its spot on, really nice mod to use, wish I would of purchased the HW2 though so I could fold on lock. All in all would recommend this mod if your looking for plug and play.

markrc139

Aug 16, 2017
Hertford, England
Hi, yes, still available, please check this link

Many thanks for this. I have had it installed and working for the best part of a year now, and it makes such a difference. I park on the road by my house and having the mirrors fold in every time I park is essential. Perfect mod. Thank you!

For all those wondering whether or not it's worth it - I can absolutely recommend it.

savir23

Mar 11, 2018
Sorry for my English. I have a Seat Ibiza 6J FR of 2013 and a year ago I installed an Android radio of the Xtrons brand. It's perfect. I recommend it!

Photos of the before and after.

a2b96ccaaf2c8b8547872393be708474.jpg

08c6cac3573775f571f2c51e6f0d91f0.jpg

244ae7393939b20c0c5b35da23e609f5.jpg

03a801124015ee90368cc2d0b98bdf80.jpg

Reactions: LeighPing1

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Anyone had any joy with this lately? Emailed directly with no reply so assume he’s stopped making them. Plenty of aftermarket ones but want plug & play cos I’m feeling lazy

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Purchased & installed. Turns out if the door is open it wont work. Took far longer than it should have to discover that lol. Works well

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.