Dpf & oil.

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
Just a quick couple of questions.Do all the newer FR TDI's have the DPF ? Mine's a 57 plate and call me a numpty if you like but I'm not sure if I have it or not.Certainly never had the DPF issue's.Surely it has it.
Also I bought some oil today for topping up with which incidentally was gona be 16 quid for a litre bottle at halfrauds so went to A E Cooks and got it for £8.35.Should be the correct oil,fully synthetic 5w30 suitable for Audi,Seat,Skoda,Vw. 504.00 507.00 spec.Does that sound ok.

mikependleton

My 57 TDi FR does have the DPF, so i presume yours will too.

burnsy_b

FR 170 AKA THE CLANKS
Apr 25, 2009
LEEDS W YORKS
Just a quick couple of questions.Do all the newer FR TDI's have the DPF ? Mine's a 57 plate and call me a numpty if you like but I'm not sure if I have it or not.Certainly never had the DPF issue's.Surely it has it.
Also I bought some oil today for topping up with which incidentally was gona be 16 quid for a litre bottle at halfrauds so went to A E Cooks and got it for £8.35.Should be the correct oil,fully synthetic 5w30 suitable for Audi,Seat,Skoda,Vw. 504.00 507.00 spec.Does that sound ok.

yep it sure does FAST AL, an if its owt like mine there a rite twat of a idea. mines broke down on me now for the 2nd time, the last time i had it at seat for the regeneration was the end of may and yesturday the DPF light was on but would'nt clear then the glow plug lite started to flash and now ive got EML and the car has gone into limp mode an wont go above 30mph. happy days eh

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
57 plate FR TDi will have a DPF, mines is a 57 plate. you'll need 507 00 grade engine old as this is low ash and doesn't contribute to blocking the DPF.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
If you have a DPF you will get a DPF light on the dash when you first turn on the ignition. Once it has done it's self test it will go out. It looks like an exhaust back box with little dots inside it and it's orange.

if you don't have this, you don't have a DPF.

Here is a pic that I found on google>>>>http://www.tamlync.com/scn/dpf-light.jpg

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
Sure enough it's there nath.Thanks for clearing that one up.
Just counted up out of curiosity,there is 12 warning lights that come on for a start including the one for pre warming the glow plugs.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.