MK2 Facelift Double Din Stereo

Fishy

May 16, 2005
John, have a look HERE.

Other than the facia plate, you'll need a module like the Connects2 that adapts for the steering wheel controls.

Fish

Specity

Feb 3, 2017
As Fish said will need a connector which will plug and play between original power supply and headunit, you can buy them from Halfords I believe but if you want to save yourself money buy it from eBay.

Very easy to fit... The difficult part is removing the old stereo, there's some guides on here how to make your own tools out of milk bottles and cd cases...just takes persistence getting it out, speak to Dave from Sere motors for your fascia and clips. You will also need some U clips and small screws to fix the headunit in place.

22john

Mar 28, 2017
Following on from this, I have everything I need apart from the fascia adapter.

I already have a double din stereo in but I believe I may need an adaptor so that it will fit properly because of the shape, can anyone point me in the correct direction of what I need?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTMzWDgwMA==/z/eGcAAOSwxp9W9sEz/$_35.JPG

This is the stereo that is in at the moment

Specity

Feb 3, 2017
You need the headunit fascia, if you call Listers tell them the part and the headunit its for and your reg they can give you what you need. Your reg is so they can give you the colour matched fascia. The headunit isnt a double din, its known to seat as something else, if you ask for a double din fascia they will give you the fascia with a square aperture

22john

Mar 28, 2017
You need the headunit fascia, if you call Listers tell them the part and the headunit its for and your reg they can give you what you need. Your reg is so they can give you the colour matched fascia. The headunit isnt a double din, its known to seat as something else, if you ask for a double din fascia they will give you the fascia with a square aperture

Yeah I spoke to them and told them what stereo I was fitting etc and said that it was not the fascia plate I needed and that instead I need a Mk5 Golf Stereo Fascia Adaptor.

In the end I've ordered this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-LEON...924518?hash=item2a3c567166:g:FZcAAMXQDnpTZtEi

Hoping that is correct.

Specity

Feb 3, 2017
How old is your car? You shouldnt need what you have bought so id try cancel the order before they dispatch.

You need something similar to this ebay item no. 181602339090

Best to get it from a dealer as they will supply the fascia which colour coded to your trim, with clips for about £30. Speak to Mike from Listers im sure he will sort you out, his no. Is 01905346808 or go to his section on this forum.

Let me know if you need anything else.

22john

Mar 28, 2017
How old is your car? You shouldnt need what you have bought so id try cancel the order before they dispatch.

You need something similar to this ebay item no. 181602339090

Best to get it from a dealer as they will supply the fascia which colour coded to your trim, with clips for about £30. Speak to Mike from Listers im sure he will sort you out, his no. Is 01905346808 or go to his section on this forum.

Let me know if you need anything else.

The car is from 2012. Irritating me because everyone I speak to seems to tell me something different hahaha, what do I ask for?

Specity

Feb 3, 2017
Sorry I just read the thread again and realised your FL FR, i thought you was fitting the stereo you linked to.

The fascia you bought will fit, you will also need the canbus steering wheel adapter so your steering wheel buttons work:

Somethibg like this on ebay should work: 350517466039

Sorry cant post links but this should work

22john

Mar 28, 2017
Sorry I just read the thread again and realised your FL FR, i thought you was fitting the stereo you linked to.

The fascia you bought will fit, you will also need the canbus steering wheel adapter so your steering wheel buttons work:

Somethibg like this on ebay should work: 350517466039

Sorry cant post links but this should work

That's all cool I've got everything I need
Thanks very much for your help buddy!

Specity

Feb 3, 2017
No probs sorry for confusion... Don't pay halfords, try it yourself first with your car being facelift the original radio will be even easier to get out as you shouldnt need any radio removal tools

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.