Remap

JUSTME

Hello guys, i just got my leon remapped, happy enough with it but on the rolling road only showed a increase of 230hp from 200, Torgue went up a lot also, Is this as much as to be expected, and not sure what make of map it was either, The lad doing it seemed to know his stuff and spent a long time trying different setups

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Hello guys, i just got my leon remapped, happy enough with it but on the rolling road only showed a increase of 230hp from 200, Torgue went up a lot also, Is this as much as to be expected, and not sure what make of map it was either, The lad doing it seemed to know his stuff and spent a long time trying different setups

The ecu in the mk2 takes a long time to adapt , all depends what fuel you are running at the time of the map , if you running good fuel and not cheap supermarket crap then the ecu is already adjusted for better fuel , i used to use tesco 99 and now use v power and my car is ten times better on it.

JUSTME

Hello again, been out for a long drive today on the motorway and had what seemed like a fuel cut for about 30 secs, car just completly lost power, Now what i seemed to get as regard a remap was probably a custom job, major increase in torque but only about 25-30bhp, i would have preffered to get a tried and tested remap, the lad that done this had several runs on the rolling road and that was basically the best bhp increase he could get, should i change the high pressure fuel pump? or should i try bringing it back and looking for some sort of refund? Any advice? Thanks

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Can't understand why someone would run any old software on their car without first researching it... Did you go there specifically for the remap or did he just offer it to you? Surely you want to use a proven remapping company with warranties and support over some el cheapo option? :confused:

JUSTME

I was about to buy blufin and i did a bit of reading on the net and came across this lad chippedireland.com gave him a call and he seemed very clued in to what he was doing and only down the road from me, Been driving for a few days and now really starting to like it, Just a little worried about the fuel cut i had on the first day. Anyone fitted the uprated fuel pump after just a standard map?

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Fair enough, if you think they're ok. I'd suggest going back to them and getting them to investigate. The map will be designed for a specific fuel pump so if you had a stage 1 map then the oem pump will be the correct one.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members