what pillar pod n boost gauge to get

manutd

hello everybody got an 04 leon cupra r and i was wondering if anyone knows which are the best makes of pillar pods and boost gauges and also where you can get them from as i have been on ebay and didnt see any i liked

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
autogauge or autometer do the best gauges imo!
the nomad pillar mouont is good apart from the big dirty screw that holds it in, steering column ones on the mk4 golf fit too!

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
steering column ones on the mk4 golf fit too!

do they really?
always wondered this but wasnt sure seen as the dash is from the A3
only seen EIP and US companies selling them, whereabouts in the UK does

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
if you look, at the steering colums sure they are the same, spoke to one of the guys ion here from round my way and he had one! check first tho to be sure!

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Below is what the Pillar pod looks like...

I'd advise against getting the AutoGauge "Stealth" model (which I currently have :( ), as they are a pain in bright sunlight in the day time...can't really seem them.

Also, have a look at these CLICKY, a friend has them in his car, and they are pretty cool!! They are the "Stealth" type, but much better in day light!

28082007055nw0.jpg

28082007054sj8.jpg

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I'm looking at getting the nomad pillar pods. However I want the autometer phantom gauges. These are apparently 52.39mm 2 1/16"and the nomad pod says it's 52mm. But is it actually 52mm exactly? Will the autometer gauges fit or should i go for the autogauge and spray the silver rim black?

cheers

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
do they really?
always wondered this but wasnt sure seen as the dash is from the A3
only seen EIP and US companies selling them, whereabouts in the UK does

I can also confirm they fit. I e-mailed them a couple of weeks back and Al@Awesome went and tried one on an 1.6 leon in the workshop. He said that it fits but would need a small trim on the end to allow full moment in the steering column adjustment.

kevcupr

has/does anybody know where i can find a three gauge pod for the centre air vent. i know there out there saw 1 before and some1 mentioned it on here a while ago they look the nuts and come in carbon fibre!
many thanks

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
I think it PhillC has custom made one; I don't know of any mass produced items.

DDX

hello everybody got an 04 leon cupra r and i was wondering if anyone knows which are the best makes of pillar pods and boost gauges and also where you can get them from as i have been on ebay and didnt see any i liked

Take a look at the 42draft design pods:
http://www.42draftdesigns.com/categories/podsandpanels.html

;)cheers guys il keep hunting much apprieciated!

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=209211
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1306059#post1306059

I also made my own last week (took the standard air vent out and used mdf + filler)
No pics yet since my car is gone at the moment to fix a downpipe leak issue + connecting the gauges.

I'm using steward warner gauges:
DSC00006.JPG

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.