New FR

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
I think it just means it has the MP3-CD option as standard.

Good to see that the Leon has had a good sales month, not that I have seen a single one around our area. :)

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
hmm, so the new Leon has had a spec change?

Grrr, considering I ordered mine a while a go I wonder if I will get the aux. connector on the stereo? Also considering I ordered the Xenons would I get the AFS?

I bet they will go out of their way to find the old parts to fit to it :(

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
carl4x4 said:
The wheels look like 17", probably saving 18" for the Cupra (like the Golf GTI) It'll be interesting to see if the suspension is any different from the Sport's.

Wheels are 225/45 R17 according to the pics (Tyres are Bridgestones )

barnabus

best to go for the 18" wheel option, will be priced well if the price of uprated alloys on other models is anything to go by

Diesel engine is potent having driven it in the Altea FR so it will be a tough choice between that and the petrol

SeatLion

May 16, 2005
More info about the New Leon FR here: http://www.km77.com/marcas/seat/2006/leon/fr/t01.asp

http://www.km77.com is one of the biggest automotive sites in Spain (yup, I'm Spanish ^_^).

And according to km77 more good news!: a new 85HP 1.4 motor available for the new Leon, Altea and Cordoba. Amazing! A new Leon with 85HP! Interesting motor if you want to buy a Leon and mainly drive the car in the city.

Btw, are you ready for the New Leon Cupra? I'm not. The FR is good enough unless you want a Cupra to overtake Ferraris and Lamborghinis on the motorway! :p :p :p

Last edited:

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Ol' Timer said:
More information which may or may not be correct on the What Car site. Will the diesel FR really have the same 0-60 time as the petrol version?
http://www.whatcar.com/news-article.aspx?NA=220009
According to the official SEAT press release the times for the petrol version are: 0-62 in 7.3 secs and 142 mph max. For the diesel: 0-62 in 8.2 and 133 mph max. So What Car seem to have got it wrong. What a surprise.:rolleyes:

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
Ol' Timer said:
According to the official SEAT press release the times for the petrol version are: 0-62 in 7.3 secs and 142 mph max. For the diesel: 0-62 in 8.2 and 133 mph max. So What Car seem to have got it wrong. What a surprise.:rolleyes:

Still bloody quick for a stock diesel tho - i wonder what it'll remap to?

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
oi_nutter2000 said:
Still bloody quick for a stock diesel tho - i wonder what it'll remap to?

How will the power to weight match up to a Mk1 PD150??

Anyone want to buy me a new FR gear knob?

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
leonlad said:
remapped dsg with launch control at the lights will be fun

I got whipped changing from 1st to 2nd by a 2.0TDi A3 which i'm blaming DSG for.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members