Nearly There 2.0tdi sport

theboneman

Mar 5, 2016
Can drives great. Our on motorway and put cruise on 80mph great ask for a bit of acceleration and it's flat. Have the app on my phone reset codes and power back in and woosh. No smoke no noises no oil useage. Engine smells from time to time if that makes sense. Is the turbo easy access on this or is it buried away that I can't get to it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Eml never comes on

theboneman

Mar 5, 2016
Only other problem I've found is when I removed the diesel filter it looked more like an oil filter full of black sludge. Bearing in mind this is a one owner car before me with full seat history and receipts

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Diesel filter is normal to be black, this is mine...

filter.jpg

I also get the overboost code every now and again, it needs a new turbo.

theboneman

Mar 5, 2016
Wish I still had photos of mine. Mine was blocked 3/4 of the way up with thick sludge. Think I will buy some forte turbo cleaner

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
Can drives great. Our on motorway and put cruise on 80mph great ask for a bit of acceleration and it's flat. Have the app on my phone reset codes and power back in and woosh. No smoke no noises no oil useage. Engine smells from time to time if that makes sense. Is the turbo easy access on this or is it buried away that I can't get to it

The turbo cleaner goes in the fuel tank and some how magically works its way through to the turbo. After I did mine I haven't had any issues in over a year. Will probably run another treatment through soon to be sure though.

I think the turbo is tucked away behind the engine if memory serves correct and is best accessed from below. Try the Forte it will probably sort it. Lots of stuff on forums about turbo veins sticking and over boosting.

theboneman

Mar 5, 2016
Yeah cheers mate. Read up a bit on it thanks for your help. Do you add it to a full tank or a empty tank of fuel?
Any ideas why the clock looses it time and resets back to zero. Obviously loosing a constant live when ignition goes off. But from where? Need to get some anti rattle clips for rear pads.. rattling going over bumps. Hopefully tps will do a kit

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
Should be quite easy to source the clips. If they are rattling I'd check them to make sure they haven't worn unevenly?

The Forte is either full or half tank but does have instructions in there. I filled up then put it in.

Not sure on the clock, I'm not particularly hot on the electrical front but someone like Macmusic or Robbo might be better placed to help you on that?

theboneman

Mar 5, 2016
Brand new pads and disks and back plates but typical eurocarparts no anti rattle clips. Thanks for your help mate. On a plus side tow bar just came.... jetski out this weekend then

theboneman

Mar 5, 2016
Found the pictures of the fuel filter remember this is a low mileage car with full dealer history
b7a83133b2602a5c3a4b9eec6459c5e3.jpg
3b42e481b58493a381dabbbdc8611f34.jpg

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
Christ! I'd be worried what's floating around in the system? Well worth running some injector cleaner and fuel system cleaner through it in the next couple of tanks

theboneman

Mar 5, 2016
Runs clear now that's the third filter change done now. Even pulled sender and pump from tank and cleaned out with a rag. Let it run dry. Just a normal looking filter now. And there you go... full history with receipts from new one owner. ... somebody was keeping filters for themselves me thinks

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
Full dealer history says it all. Would imagine they have a standard form and just tick all the boxes on auto pilot. I bet if you checked the air filters and oil straight out of the garage it will probably only get changed in 1 in 2 services. I doubt they flush the old oil properly either.

theboneman

Mar 5, 2016
OK guys fitted the tow bar. Don't the wiring but can't get sidelights on trailer. Can't find wires that come from spec and help

theboneman

Mar 5, 2016
Refitted egr valve. Nice and clean. Lubricated job done. .... no I'm blowing more smoke than the flying scotsman now. Help

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise