Car cleaning tips

Gaz_C6

Aug 25, 2014
Hello i'm looking some tips about car cleaning what stuff is good to use, i have a somomiz complete car care kit, i always use to try the car with an autoglym hi-tech microfibre drying towel I have wax it using the kit, but having a black car i find more scarps scores everytime I wash it any tips what are good to keep paintwork in always bonnet has paint bubbles also.
c398205327f027a1a3a4ab7c0fc4b3f7.jpg
c0eec0f627f4f03834281fa29e7d578a.jpg
8a9426c40436da859564c7f5a1480edf.jpg

b0a06f5e0ec7c029807f95548bee7215.jpg

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Visit the detailingworld forum, it'll take up many hours of your time to start with, and then could cost you hundreds in product's.

Or keep using product's from Halfrauds..

MjrSharpe

Astra VXR
Jun 18, 2012
Northern Ireland
There are some easy things to do to minimise the scratches which can be caused by washing eg get a grit guard for the bottom of the bucket. These are about £10 but well worth it. Also make sure you hose the car before you wash it to remove any loose dirt and try using a wash mitt instead of a sponge. There are many available; a meguiars one for example is around £12. As you car is black, swirls and scratches will be more noticeable but a good glaze can help mask 90% of them. Both poor boys black hole and auto finesse glaze are great and cost around £15. You put them on after you have washed and dried the car, but before you wax it. If it is very badly marked, you may like to polish it with a light abrasive polish first. Most cleaning companies have one, meguiars costs around £10. With regards to the bubbles this is most likely the beginning of rust underneath or damage to the clear coat. Either way it may be best to get it fixed by a body shop to stop it spreading any further. You car looks very well in the pictures though :) good job.

Gaz_C6

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah everytime i go to wash the car i use a mitt i used the 2 bucked step one with clean water and other one with car shampoo in it, mitts always kept in bucked after so doesn't be left lying about in the shed washed it today didn't wax it found this
9c6b0f40e1f9571aec8cc9c11942a6c1.jpg
ab70807b02e5dd5b7d3c7b709b9d4bcd.jpg

Wouldn't be me probs where i park if im in girlfriends i park the car outside her house or in a car park when i go walking or going shopping probs need a respray or a good detail

Last edited:

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
That would polish out no problem with a machine polisher, unless you can get your fingernail in the scratches then it would need painting.

Where abouts are you based? A local detailer should be able to get that looking very good.

I feel your pain with regards to showing scratches and it being black. Mine seems to have new ones everytime its washed.

I'm a keen detailer myself so I fortunately can keep on top of them.

Gaz_C6

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah I'm base in Belfast but wouldn't trust half on the people who say's their car detailers, I wouldn't know to use a machine polisher wouldn't try it if I don't how to use it known my luck i burn the paint or go too deep into it, I wouldn't say I'm a keen detailer but wouldn't buy cheap stuff for the car, any advie on what's best used for seats? Was looking at autoglym stuff heard its really good reviews on it

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.