Driveshaft bolts

holtie

Jan 12, 2011
North Lincs
Does anybody know what size spline key I need to remove the six bolts holding the driveshaft onto the transmission? I have a 2004 Alhambra 1.9pd SE with a clicking noise when turning and a ripped inner cv boot (I'm assuming this is the culprit for the clicking and it does have a little bit of play in it) so going to replace the driveshaft. I have read somewhere they are 12 point M10 but would like to be sure before buying one. Thanks

Johno247

Mar 11, 2013
Aylesbury Bucks
Drive shaft bolts?

Does anybody know what size spline key I need to remove the six bolts holding the driveshaft onto the transmission? I have a 2004 Alhambra 1.9pd SE with a clicking noise when turning and a ripped inner cv boot (I'm assuming this is the culprit for the clicking and it does have a little bit of play in it) so going to replace the driveshaft. I have read somewhere they are 12 point M10 but would like to be sure before buying one. Thanks

Hi all,

Can anyone shed any light onto what size tool I will need to remove the bolts holding the driveshaft onto the transmission? Unfortunately no one has answered the question originally posted many years ago.

I believe they may be star bolts. I need to change the CV Boot as it's split and will be trying to remove the driveshaft to clean it up early next week.

Any info will be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks all.... :D

My car is the Seat Alhambra 1.9TDI 2004 Stylance by the way

Last edited:

KeithOT

Old Scrote
Dec 7, 2010
Mumbles Swansea
My ETKA parts manual says N 104 838 01 Socket head bolt with inner multipoint splines M10 x 20. that for a 2001 model not sure if ever changed. Manual also says the big hex bolt in the hub end of the shaft has to be changed its a stretch bolt part No N 906 251 01 M16 x1, 5 x 87 x 68.

Last edited:

holtie

Jan 12, 2011
North Lincs
I have just got round to checking and on my Alhambra 1.9 PD SE I needed an M12 12point spline. I had to buy a set from Halfords. I have since used a bigger one in the set for changing my gearbox oil - I had to machine a hole in the centre of it on a lathe as the particular bolts seemed to be security bolts!

KeithOT

Old Scrote
Dec 7, 2010
Mumbles Swansea
Cheap complete driveshafts on Ebay complete with all bolts less than £100 some as low a £60 that is for the inner shaft, flange shaft & outer shaft guaranteed for 2 - 3 years. One suppliers makes shafts for competition cars so they should be strong. Anybody had experience of these?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.