Hub nut size and bolts to replace driveshaft

CupraChris1981

Mar 24, 2021
I have bought a new drive shaft but no idea what size the nut is. Have seen posts on here ranging from 30 to 36mm. I have one Infront of me but no idea how to measure it...

Also don't know what spline bit size I would need for the bolts on the other end?

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I have bought a new drive shaft but no idea what size the nut is. Have seen posts on here ranging from 30 to 36mm. I have one Infront of me but no idea how to measure it...

Also don't know what spline bit size I would need for the bolts on the other end?

Thanks for any help

On my car, it's this one:

You don't have to get the Febi one - or buy one from Autodoc - but there's a lot of information on that page about measurements and the OEM part number.

If you've got the PD150 like me, that's the one you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CupraChris1981

Mar 24, 2021
On my car, it's this one:

You don't have to get the Febi one - or buy one from Autodoc - but there's a lot of information on that page about measurements and the OEM part number.

If you've got the PD150 like me, that's the one you need.

I got the nut attached to the new drive shaft already, it was the socket size i was after, bought a 30mm it fits, haven't changed the drive shaft yet but that is one of the next jobs on the list

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I got the nut attached to the new drive shaft already, it was the socket size i was after, bought a 30mm it fits, haven't changed the drive shaft yet but that is one of the next jobs on the list

I bought one - and the socket - last year when I was thinking about doing my front wheel bearings and I'm 95% sure they're all 30mm, at least on the diesels. Did you get the 12pt socket?