So I've had my Exeo a month now.

Dave_

Jul 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
Been quite a busy month - I've done 3500 miles in the Exeo. Here are a few thoughts in no particular order.

Everything felt pretty tight when I got it. Engine and gearbox especially so. It's loosened up a bit now so now feels really smooth and precise. I was fairly careful for the first 1000 miles or so not to labour the engine or rev it particularly hard.

The RNS-E is a decent set up. It's accurate and the TMC works well. Lack of 7 digit postcodes isn't as much of an issue as I thought it might be. BOSE is great, iPod connection isn't really all that. Radio reception seems to be fine on BBC stations but can be a bit shady on XFM or Absolute for example - I just manually re-tune it and it seems to hang on!

Fuel economy has been ok I guess. It seems to be improving with each tank. Currently trip 2 is just below 50mpg. But I have seen mid to high 50s on a trip from Watford to Sidcup and back - via M25, A2, A12, A406. A real mix of driving. It has improved as the weather has improved though. I found I needed to adjust my driving style to get better economy, in my last car I could plod around town at 32mph in 5th - 4th is better in the SEAT.

The Xenons are awesome. Heated seats are great too.

The ride is firmer than my old C5 and seems to grip and handle pretty tidily. It's also much faster :lol:

The boot is a decent size and shape. Not as big as the Citroen was though - not much of an issue.

On some motorways it tramlines a bit, and can be a bit noisy, but on the whole it is an accomplished cruiser.

The armrest is great on the motorway, a pain in town.

Climate works well, like the single zone option when it's just me in the car.

Still not take any decent pics of it. I'm too busy and it's usually covered in road grime. Haha! Remind me why I got a black one again? :censored:

CBRED

Jan 20, 2008
durham
Glad your enjoying it mate . Had mine 2 weeks and I thought it would be a step down from the focus ST , how wrong I was . I love it all 170 horses and the extra miles is fab . Bring on more miles .

Dave_

Jul 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
Yep it's a nice way to get around that's for sure.

The Bluetooth also works very well - as I had expected. I've read a few posts where people have said it doesn't work properly etc. it connects perfectly to my work phone (BlackBerry Bold 9900) and my own phone (iPhone 4), with full phonebook etc. doesn't drop out or disconnect either?

The car also has a bit of 'is it or isn't it unmarked plod?' about it. I very rarely speed so tend to stick to lane 1 at an indicated 65-70 so most cars and vans sail past. What doesn't help is my colleague and I are usually dressed in black polo shirts and black Helly Hansen jackets (standard work issue) and I've always got a hi-vis hanging in the back... Easy to see why I get mistaken. Not that I'd use it to any advantage though - it's just funny seeing people look and then drive saintly for 10 minutes.

Irksome

Feb 27, 2011
like the single zone option when it's just me in the car.

Don't think I've found this yet - do you mean pressing and holding the button to set the temps to the same on both sides?

Mine is filthy too - the blue isn't any better than the black if that helps! Still parked up to a signwritten white ST yesterday and I think the darker colours suit the lines much better.

Dave_

Jul 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
Don't think I've found this yet - do you mean pressing and holding the button to set the temps to the same on both sides?

Yep that - If you press and hold the AUTO button on the drivers' side of the climate panel for a couple of seconds, it puts it into single zone mode - so as you say it sets the temperatures the same. Any adjustments you make on your side are copied to the other side.

As soon as your passenger changes the temperature on their side it reverts to dual zone.

Dave_

Jul 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
Mileage now approximately 5600!

Loaned it to one one of our directors for a test drive. He ended up buying a '60 reg Passat Bluemotion 1.6CRTDI for....£16500. No leather, nav, Bluetooth. I did tell him!

One of our other directors wanted to use it to go to Stoke On Trent for some business trip or other. He said the brakes on his '51 reg Merc were in need of attention. Suspect he just wanted to turn up in something newer :) hahaha

alistair 1974

Jul 29, 2014
darlington county durham
Glad your enjoying it mate . Had mine 2 weeks and I thought it would be a step down from the focus ST , how wrong I was . I love it all 170 horses and the extra miles is fab . Bring on more miles .
hi all just joined yesterday has any one been having problems with there radio reception mine keeps loosing signal and i have too keep searching again
went to dealer and said if it wasn't a mechanical fault i would have to pay £80 quid for a diagnostic report

alistair
thanks for any response
seat exeo sport tech 143bhp in black 2011

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
Hey Dave, fellow Hertfordshire Exeo owner - I shall look out for you. I'm usually down south or north of the county :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members