Aftermarket wing

Oct 13, 2023
I am looking to put 2 new front wings on my Exeo as there is a few bubbles starting on both. I priced 2 new OEM and at £600 for a pair I couldn't justify, however I thought good aftermarket would do the job but can't seem to find any. Has anyone ever managed to get aftermarket wings or is it just OEM that's available?

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
I am looking to put 2 new front wings on my Exeo as there is a few bubbles starting on both. I priced 2 new OEM and at £600 for a pair I couldn't justify, however I thought good aftermarket would do the job but can't seem to find any. Has anyone ever managed to get aftermarket wings or is it just OEM that's available?
Not same as A4?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
They do look very similar, but there are a couple of very subtle differences that I can see (there may be more) - see the side profile images of an A4 Avant and Exeo ST below so they probably wouldn’t fit. I’m assuming the saloon and Estate versions of the ST use the same front end panels. Similarly, I’m assuming this is also the case with the A4 saloon and Avant.

Differences between the Exeo and A4 appear to be;
  • The waistline crease that runs along the side of each car looks as if it slopes downwards towards the headlight on the A4 front wing (arrowed on the picture), whereas it doesn’t on the Exeo.
  • Difficult to tell for certain (might be due to the angle of the image in the picture) but with the bonnet to wing panel gap where it meets the bottom of the A pillar, on the Exeo (circled on the picture) it looks as if it curves slightly upwards whereas on the A4 it doesn’t seem to, so there may also be differences between the wing to bonnet contour on the Exeo and A4.
The OP hasn’t been active on the forum since they posted a couple of months ago (it was their first post), so they may not read yours or my posts.
IMG_0434.jpeg

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
Parked my Exeo next to a B7 A4 yesterday & only obvious difference I can see is the repeater seems slightly different shape.
Think only certain way is to have a spare A4 wing & try it!
I might do this as Im getting the dreaded VAG rust bubbles appearing on mine!
Certainly wont be paying £600 for a Seat one! Cheaper welding in new metal.

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
Looking at these two pictures of each car above, the door handles look slightly different too, however I can attest they are identical as I have 2 A4 doors on my Exeo!
So these sketches might not be perfect facsimiles 🤷‍♂️

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
Further to this discussion Im still trying to find out 100% about the wings. Funny how you can never find a particular car if you are searching!
Anyway, on another forum, someone suggested that A4 cabrio front wings may be same as Exeo?
Anyone?

Timray

Nov 23, 2021
Bookmarked because I am also on the hunt for two Exeo front wings and came here to ask the same question about wings from an A4. What I'm really looking for are new pattern parts, which might be easier to find for an A4 Cabrio. If they fit!

Reactions: missmouse

Timray

Nov 23, 2021
Answered my own question (and yours). The Cabrio looks a very similar shape around the headlights, but with a different rubbing strip (minor detail) and a different pressing against the door (more significant). This one is on eBay for £100.

B6-B7_cabrio_front_wing.jpg

Last edited:

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
Answered my own question (and yours). The Cabrio looks a very similar shape around the headlights, but with a different rubbing strip (minor detail) and a different pressing against the door (more significant). This one is on eBay for £100.

View attachment 40937
Thanks for this. What is the difference at the door? Maybe I'm not seeing it?

View attachment 40937
Hi, thanks for this. What is the difference at the door? Maybe I'm just not seeing it 🤷

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
Ah! I see it!
Cill line different & moulding on Exeo stops on door!
Ah well, back to drawing board! 😄

Timray

Nov 23, 2021
Back to the drawing board ... or to eBay. Is your car silver? There's a silver n/s/f wing on eBay for £150. It may or may not be the same as a silver one I found in a breaker this week for £185, which was cut to an offer of "£165 delivered" when I said no, wrong colour, too much.

The part code for the n/s/f (my worse wing) for the 3R chassis is 3R0821021C. Put "Seat Exeo 3R0821021C" into eBay and the £150 wing will turn up, Mouse. I'm thinking about it. But I'd need to have it sprayed blue and it's yours if you get there first.

The time from bubbling on the lip to unsightly and rusted through with holes was about two years. I have one wing that's urgent and another that's still a year or two away. Good luck!

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
I think at £150, it's probably worth cutting out the rust & welding in some new metal.

Timray

Nov 23, 2021
I'm not a practical person. But I wouldn't cut out the rust on mine unless I had a spare wing ready. The risk is that once you start cutting out rust, you find that under the paint the wing is further gone than you thought.

Thanks for reacting to the £150. Joining your buyers' strike!

Timray

Nov 23, 2021
That's a brilliant idea. A wing from Spain ... no rust, no greed. Saw this (sold) wing yesterday but the advantages didn't strike me until now. I've registered with partversal. Thank you Mouse!

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members