What did you and your MK2 do today?

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Decided to fit puddle lights to my mirrors.

No mean feet.

Basically the door cards are a complete pain in the arse. The full window mech is fitted to the back of the card, so before I started I checked that I could code the module with vagcom. The checks were good so I stripped the doors down and ran wires then added the pin and coded the lights.

Pics are poo but you get the idea. The lights come on upon unlocking and stay on longer than the coming hone lights. They also active when the doors are opened.

IMAG0605_zps3de16979.jpg

IMAG0607_zps72d8d7cd.jpg

IMAG0612_zps6955a0c1.jpg

IMAG0617_zpscf170d1e.jpg

addsLEON

Mar 7, 2013
The first to files extract no probs. just google 7 unzip it comes straight up. Whole process dead easy.

Ok just checked and my 2010 Leon has a rns315 anyways so no updated needed. I wish it had full 7 digit postcode entry tho as my mates 2012 leon has it and is so much easier to use the nav

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
Well my Drl bulbs arrived from china today not bad they only took two weeks to arrive. I've got my Genlabs Drll2 thingy so all I have to do is hand all that over to my dad ( the electrics guru !!! ) and figure out how to run all the wires from the backs of the Btcc front grill thingys into the engine bay and find a way of getting the wires though the bulk head and into the fusebox!!!

Def a job for my dad........

Im also currently making a custom holder for my Samsung Galaxy note 2 ( big phone ) and my Ipod so they both sit in the same holder whilst in the car and save me having to hold um in my hand....

Last edited:

p11lkw

Oct 21, 2012
Just got into my car and had an error come up "afl directional lighting error see owners manual" can anyone help??

Not sure if his is the same but I had afs inoperative see owners Manuel. Plugged vcds in and fault was lights not coded. I removed the lights and unplugged a connector inside them and reconnected and so far the fault has gone.

addsLEON

Mar 7, 2013
Ok well il have look tomoz when the suns shinning again. il remove all the connections and wd40 them and ee what happens?

addsLEON

Mar 7, 2013
Ok well il have look tomoz when the suns shinning again. il remove all the connections and wd40 them and ee what happens?

Lights all fixed now no afl error anymore. Took off all headlamp connectors gt85 them put them back together and all is working as it should :) didnt even have to remove the headlamp either :)

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Winter checks.

Oil and water
Screen fluid
New spark plugs

New pcv valve but they didn't send the new hose

I fitted it but the car ran pants so I'd say I do have a failed valve

Does the old one have a check valve?

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Wrapped the rear veiw mirror black. Easy job excellent results. Full interior detail and shampood seats.... Full exterior tomorrow if the weather allows.

Next up is a custom sun strip when i find a place that will do it or i find what i want

Sent from my HTC One X+