New Cupra shows 264 BHP

johnsfb

Had my new Cupra on the dyno at Star Performance today and the figure was an incredable 264 brake. Jim 'read' the ECU and a program is being got ready for an upgrade and he reckons 300+. Will know next week and I'll post up the result.
johnsfb.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
What were your wheel figures showing mate?

Ive read some 'iffy' results coming from star performance, thats +27bhp on standard and engine is still tight so more to give.

Yes turbo i think should be over 300bhp when mapped, same turbo as S3 isn't it?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Yep. And same as Mk5 GTI Edition too.

wrong.jpg

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
:lol: ^^^^^^

impressive results on the dyno if true! seat are renown for under stating there bhp figures tdi's and petrols maybe not as much as 27bhp got any photos of the new cupra?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Yep. And same as Mk5 GTI Edition too.

Dont think it is mate, otherwise the Leon FR version would be the same.

As far as im aware the 182/197 versions are of the smaller turbo

And the 230/237/262 versions are of the larger turbo.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
That will be like crail's 1/4 mile strip aswell rob;)

Sorry but ive seen quite a few fwd vag cars coming off of stars rolling road with 55-60bhp losses. 35-40bhp down this neck of the woods;)

Bump up the transmission loss to satisfy customer:blink:

Anything over 35-40bhp loss, i would personally take with a pinch of salt tbh.

of course if his figures are around the 225whp mark then that is an excellent result and obviously shows SEAT are under quoting:(

RobDon

Pro Detailer
And I've seen cars come off Awesome's rollers with 5bhp losses ... your point!?!

Average losses for FWD is 15%, different makes of dyno show vastly different results, very few results are comparable from different dynos.

Crail is an old airfield, not a glue-coated drag strip!!!

T. Spark

Think paul357 might have meant the Golf MK5 GTI Edition 30 in which case he is right... just forget the 30 bit :p

Impressive figure, but its not all about power :D

Well, sorta!

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
True Rob, but the differences between wheels and flywheel at star seem to be higher than others

Isn't there K03 cars getting 260bhp at star though? Thought realistic 240bhp max from that turbo.

Im sure in the next few coming months we are going to learn a hell of a lot about the new turbo on the S3/Cupra.

Until its been tested by numerous companies and then results published we wont really get an idea on what it can and cannot do.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
A foreign auto mag dyno'd a new Cupra at 261bhp, so Jim's dyno is spot on as per usual, despite the haters. It's the same engine as the new S3.

Rob, I'm open minded (and one of Jim's customers - top bloke) but I don't see that one foreign dyno run proves Jim spot on. :shrug:

(now that I've joined in this debate you can virtually guarantee al LC2's are putting out 260bhp+ :doh: )

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=113599&highlight=k03s+bhp

Post 5...

Golf at 260bhp,

Even Djhoraces car at 250 seems optimistic for his mods.

Anyway, like i said, when everyone gets together and results are published then we'll know what the cars can and cant do.

In a years time Rob, when hundreds more people have the new cupra, they may look back on this thread and think yeah they were right back then, the new cupra is way over powered compared to SEAT's claims, and similarly they may look back on this thread and laugh at the 260+bhp claims.

Who knows? :shrug: Only time will tell i suppose:)

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
1 thing for sure is, im sure it will map to over 300bhp same as S3:)

Do you know Rob why S3 is 262bhp and LC is 237bhp?

Is the 25bhp difference just boost related?

Is S3 25-30 bhp over powered also or is the new LC mapped exactly the same as S3?

All questions im sure will be answered over time.

Too soon to speculate:)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Aiming to get mine over to Awesome for a standard run on their rollers as soon as i get my grubby mits on it. But mines at least a month off delivery as yet at the soonest!

Maybe someone else will take theirs in the meantime?

LEO LION R

if you need to ask . . .
Mar 25, 2002
on the edge
Does it really matter ?

not many people on here are going to leave it standard anyway, all aiming for 300+ the easiest way possible

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise