cupra on awesomes rollers today...267bhp

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
well well the results were 247bhp at wheels,266.99 at clutch,max torque was 239..:clap: i am well pleased.Thanks to mark(Z.BOYD)for comin down and gettin some video footage on the rollers.....My code has been sucked and sent off so not too long to wait for a remap:p

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
No problem, was great to meet you, its a lovely car, glad i could tag along. I was just as excited with the results. :D 266hp was mighty impressive, it sounds very much like a Leon R on spool up to be honest, a bit more raspy. ;)

Bang on the money what Star Perfomance showed on the car they tested too, good to get very similar results from two independant RR's. Seems SEAT have slightly underated it. [B)]

300hp has to be in reach for this car, a map should bring up the torque levels too, its going to be fun finding out what they can do.

Can't wait for mine to arrive now, the weeks are draggging. :doh:

I caught one run on video.

You can view it here in Quicktime format. Clicky

I'll do an WMV version, i'll upload that shortly.

LEO LION R

if you need to ask . . .
Mar 25, 2002
on the edge
brilliant

now where's the doubting toms now ?

20bhp losses doesn't sound right at well under 10%, but who know, at least it's consistantly putting out more than Seat stated

Last edited:

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
267bhp standard :clap: Not a detuned S3 engine afterall:think:

Both results at star and awesome are tying up with same bhp figures but whp figures widely off.

Star 217whp
Awesome 247whp

Looking good all the same though:thumbup:

johnsfb

Hello guys,
That was my car on Star's rollers and I've now been flying around with 294 brake for nearly a week. Eeeeya. This is just an interim program to see how it goes and they said it is easily capable of being taken over 300 and I've to go back on Friday to get that done. 'Roll' on Friday.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Still dont know what all the differences are between the 3 cars, but from a manufacturers point of view cupra should be 10ps up on Gti 230 edition and S3 should be 25ps up on cupra.

The results being recorded recently are saying otherwise though.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Ste-lfc Graph

not the best image as it was photgraphed not scanned, i've tried to clean it up to make it clearer.

ste-lfc_rrgraph.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members