Possible solution for 'Plug and Play' fitting of an amp

Jonathan_Pow

Hi there,

On my search for an 'ideal' subwoofer installation for the new Leon I have come across the Metra 74-9003 Plug and Play Line Output Converter:

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/METRA_74_90003.html

It may be a solution for those of us that are reluctant to interfere with the original wiring of the Seat Leon, yet want to install a subwoofer.

I have read Davros' guide on the forum

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117628

but am not fond of the idea splicing the speaker cables. (Though it is quite a simple solution)

Granted, I haven't bought or installed the Metra 74-9003, but have sent an email to the manufacturers asking if they can give any reasons why it wouldn't work.

Comparing:

METRA_74_9003.jpg

and

546279105_c8570cd2db.jpg

I don't see that it wouldn't work, but I will wait with baited breath for the forum and manufacturer response.

Jonathan_Pow

Two replies... but which one is it.

I have just had a reply from Metra with the following:

"Unfortunately it will not work as the 9003 harness and your harness are reversed."

I am currently away from home at the moment and unable to get to my car, so would anyone be able to confirm this as being correct or not?

The supplier reckons it will fit... however if the harnesses are 'reversed' it would be an easy thing to miss with just the above photographs as reference.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Last edited by a moderator:

Zipcode

Jun 23, 2008
Brackley, Northant's
I'm pretty sure there is a parrot harness that costs about 20 quid which just plugs into your existing harness and gives you the line out connection. It's on one of the sticky posts on the main MK2 page i think.

Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
I'm pretty sure there is a parrot harness that costs about 20 quid which just plugs into your existing harness and gives you the line out connection. It's on one of the sticky posts on the main MK2 page i think.

Any ideas were mate. I have searched but can't seem to find it

Thanks

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
I've consider a subwoofer, a plug and play would be a lot less hassle me finks..