Re-mapped

sav-fr

Sep 24, 2007
Cannock, jun 10a m6
Well today I have had my fr 150pd remapped today and I am very impressed with WILL from Power torque in Wolverhampton,
Only driven about 50 miles so far and there is so much different the power seams to last the whole way through the rev range.
4th gear about 50mph has to be the most fun so much pull! Loving it so much. best £300 I have ever spent.

tener

Jan 23, 2007
wot remap did u get m8?i,m going to get mine done soon with a clutch change to...have u got a upgraded clutch? u might need one.

sav-fr

Sep 24, 2007
Cannock, jun 10a m6
had the standard, performace remap with Powe Tourque (will), car is now running at 201.4hp @3300 rpm and has 355.9 lbs/ft of torque. very impressed.
have not had the clutch upgrade. Do u think it is needed?

CupraTDI_Rob

2004 Leon Cupra TDI
Jun 26, 2007
Colchester, Essex
I'd give Will from Power Torque a call because that torque figure is way to high for a standard remap, you have gained 120 lbft over standard!
If that is right then i'd get your clutch uprated pretty quick.
Also your peak power 201.4 seems a bit low in the rev range, peak power should be around 4k rpm

sav-fr

Sep 24, 2007
Cannock, jun 10a m6
cool, will give him a ring, I have been feeling my clucth slip a little in 4th so need a uprated one.
Been looking on this site but what one is best to get i am not planning on doing any more mods so i don't really want to spend loads on the clucth what do you guys recommend ???????/

sav-fr

Sep 24, 2007
Cannock, jun 10a m6
Peak power seems a bit high and torque is sky high. I hope your just reading the graph wrong or you had a dodgy dyno run.:confused:

i had a run prior to the test and watched him do two more runs to get the remap to its best!!!

the run prior reads:
154.3hp @ 4035
245.9lb/ft @ 3055

do u think i had a dodge run!!!

sav-fr

Sep 24, 2007
Cannock, jun 10a m6
had the standard, performace remap with Powe Tourque (will), car is now running at 201.4hp @3300 rpm and has 355.9 lbs/ft of torque. very impressed.
have not had the clutch upgrade. Do u think it is needed?

just looked at the above and realised the 201.4hp is actully @ 4280rpm:redface::redface::redface::redface:

CupraTDI_Rob

2004 Leon Cupra TDI
Jun 26, 2007
Colchester, Essex
Might be worth putting it on another dyno to see.

Those figures you got prior to your remap seem about right but peak torque shouldn't be at 3k rpm should it?
More like 2-2.5k rpm

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Standard clutch is rated to 300lb-ft max, so if you cab get that figure without slip your lucky. 355lb-ft is way too high, but i'm pretty sure Will would be aware of that, so i would think it's either NM or you've read it wrong.

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Mine's only 15 lb/ft above that, but I'm running a lot more HP. It does seem high for a standard car but maybe that's because it's a good tune. Ideally you want peak torque to be less, but have it so it's at max torque for more of the rev range (so you get a kind of plateau on the top of the torque curve). Having it peak at 3000rpm is better than down at 2000, and then have it tailing off. Sounds like a powerful car now though and a good dyno proven improvement on stock

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
You have two options really, but both need to be considered in a hurry.
Either ask for the map to be reduced in Torque so your standard clutch can take it, or get some money together and get a Sachs clutch ASAP so you can keep the power without clutch slip.
Don't leave it too long though or you'll soon be stranded somewhere with no clutch :(

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Why has the dissipated power gone up to 50bhp from 15bhp? It says power at the tyre has only gone up from 138.7hp to 151.3hp - That sounds a little odd. I would have thought you'd use the same dissipated figure, no? As this is essentially tranmission loss.... I'd want that graph explaining a little more if it were mine. I'd sooner have two at the wheels graphs to compare than something which has had the dissipated figures altered. ALso, it seems little odd that 3rd gear was used. 4th gear is the traditional gear, especially on a 6 speed which I assume this is?

Oct 12, 2005
That torque does seem high. I am running a custom map with milltek and sachs and producing figures of 199.4bhp and 332lbfts. Thats on a ibiza cupra tdi with slightly bigger turbo than 150pd. Those figures were taken on a very hot day aswell.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise