Re-mapped

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
In plain terms, your torque level is too high for your standard clutch to handle.

If you don't boot it til your revvs are over 2.5k, then your clutch will last a bit longer in standard - but it will wear out a LOT quicker now you have a remap.

You need to either:

1 - Get the torque figure reduced to less than 300lb/ft - this will maximise your standard clutch life, although power will be less than it is now

2 - Get an uprated clutch - will cost you about £800, but you can rest assured that your clutch wont fail & you will get the most out of your remap

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I wouldnt get it lowered just yet. Get another Rolling Road done at another site first. You should get this done asap. Also try and restrain yourself from going quick in case the clutch gives in.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
The clutch is the major weak point on a remapped TDI - it will slip, it's just a matter of when.

Mine started slipping the day I had the remap, so I got the Sachs racing clutch kit, and then had the remap tweaked for even more power - havent had a problem or looked back since :)

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Hi Guys

Before this thread spirals off, the dyno was run in power run mode, we are waiting for a software upgrade so that both lines are accurately shown on the print out

The BHP is correct, the actual torque was 296lbs.ft

355.......not even I'm that good :cartman:

sav-fr

Sep 24, 2007
Cannock, jun 10a m6
ok guys thanks so much for all your help so so helpfully, I phoned Will at p-torque and he said that my torque is running at 296 not 355 thank F**K he said although it is saying that on the print out. It is a computer error and the first two runs were to establish torque!! which were 291 and 296.
so i think i am safe?????????????
i also said about the smoke and he said that it was smoking quite a lot of the standard run. So i will be going to Seat to have a look at that!!!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
What derv fuel are you using. If your using supermarket muck thats why it is smoking like it is. Put 2-3 tank fulls of BP Ultimate or Shell V-Power to clean the injectors. Could even buy Millers Diesel Sport 4.....

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
As long as it feels like a 33.3% increase in power, then all's good. You should be able to feel a 50bhp increase quite easily. I remember driving my pd100 away from Jabba the first time I got it mapped from 100bhp to 147. :D Very grin inducing so you can't imagine what my current setup makes me :D like.

sav-fr

Sep 24, 2007
Cannock, jun 10a m6
What derv fuel are you using. If your using supermarket muck thats why it is smoking like it is. Put 2-3 tank fulls of BP Ultimate or Shell V-Power to clean the injectors. Could even buy Millers Diesel Sport 4.....

I have just changed my fuel to shell as i through this could play a part in it!!

tener

Jan 23, 2007
gettin my TDI FR remaped today. revo......:funk:
also gettin a sports clutch kit and DMF to......AND a green air filter.can,t wait to take her out for a spin.......:funk::funk::funk::funk:

andy43

Jul 13, 2006

I've always used supermarket diesel in my car and it doesn't smoke at all, not under the hardest of acceleration, plus it runs really smoothly and quietly (for a diesel), so I'm not sure if that would be a reason being that supermarket fuel is pretty clean by any standards.

sav-fr

Sep 24, 2007
Cannock, jun 10a m6
I've always used supermarket diesel in my car and it doesn't smoke at all, not under the hardest of acceleration, plus it runs really smoothly and quietly (for a diesel), so I'm not sure if that would be a reason being that supermarket fuel is pretty clean by any standards.

I changed to shell and i have found it loads better but because of the cluch slip (New now ordered) i hav't really given it any beans yet!! but i am confident that the change in fuel will help loads!!!

tener

Jan 23, 2007
HOLY ****!!!!
is the only words i can use to tell u about how WELL my fr goes now,after the remap.
it pulls in all gears,its so dam fast.
if u have a TDI,get it remaped................and a anew clutch too ;)

sav-fr

Sep 24, 2007
Cannock, jun 10a m6
HOLY ****!!!!
is the only words i can use to tell u about how WELL my fr goes now,after the remap.
it pulls in all gears,its so dam fast.
if u have a TDI,get it remaped................and a anew clutch too ;)

it is quality i can't wait for the clute to be fitted so i can feel the full power of the TDI!!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.