Audi TT K04 Hybrid

golfgtikiw

Hi There everyone

At the minuet I have an Audi TT 180 bhp and never off the TTForum.co.uk (fh51hfo) and a TTOC member but always on here as there is a lot more talk about Big Turbo Kit and think us would be the best to get my help from,

GruppeM induction kit
Samco TIP
Full magnex 225 exhaust
Forge front mounted intercooler
Race N75
Revo stage 2 remap

Now I am looking for some more power so I have read the other posts on this site, I have found a K04 kit consisting of the following:

K04 turbo + water and oil pipes Off an S3
New injectors X 4 all done 6-7000
k04 Samco TIP
3" Maf housing
downpipe, twin cats
4 bar FPR

So from what I can see I need a charger pipe and a manifold.

I am now looking to send the turbo away to make it a hybrid, the company’s I have been looking at are Backdraft Motorsport £795 plus VAT and JBS the site is down so I don’t know the price, is there any more or witch is the best company

I am just wondering am I going the right way about this or things to looking out for or missing ect

Thanks

golfgtikiw

Thanks DaNnY_LaD

will give CR turbos a ring tomorrow

Hi there G12MO X

I bought ur Liquid TT of you and been reading ur big turbo kit post, loving ur TT, so how come you remover the Backdraft kit, what was the problem and difference to the jabbasport kit,

dont think jabbasport hybrid turbos but, am i right

golfgtikiw

Yes looking for a new Manifold aswell !!! do you have any ideas

And will get a pm off to WildWilly to see if he has any advice

Thanks

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Thanks DaNnY_LaD

will give CR turbos a ring tomorrow

Hi there G12MO X

I bought ur Liquid TT of you and been reading ur big turbo kit post, loving ur TT, so how come you remover the Backdraft kit, what was the problem and difference to the jabbasport kit,

dont think jabbasport hybrid turbos but, am i right

Remember that Sam (G1TMO X) was the only chap with an issue.

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Sorry to fill the thread up, but i have stock of new and used std K04 manifolds, but the last charge pipe went a few days ago.

golfgtikiw

Thanks everyone for the help...

IbizaAlex : what price are the k04 manifolds ? and this there anything els i need as its a 180 TT

DaNnY_LaD : well as i live in Northern Ireland there isnt much about here for mapping so got it revo staged 2 by one of the bext rooling roaders in the country Triple7. is i am thinking of going stage 3 revo, would this get the best out of the hybrid or would i be best taking a day trip to England

Thanks

G12MO X

Jul 21, 2007
Alex you have fitted most of my problems! I would not buy a paper clip from backdraft!

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Thanks everyone for the help...

IbizaAlex : what price are the k04 manifolds ? and this there anything els i need as its a 180 TT

DaNnY_LaD : well as i live in Northern Ireland there isnt much about here for mapping so got it revo staged 2 by one of the bext rooling roaders in the country Triple7. is i am thinking of going stage 3 revo, would this get the best out of the hybrid or would i be best taking a day trip to England

Thanks

This triple7 does he do a custom map?
Also maybe worth a try..But have a look in the hybrid thread and see if you could send ur ecu to the mapper to upload the file then send it back...Then you adjust things

As for example Star performance in scotland 5hr drive for me...Could upload the map and send it back for 400quid as they Mapped Robdons,Matt_Cupra And beatties17 with the same setup...

As when they map a car they have the file saved so can upload it agian...Saves you even moving...maybe something to look in to...

Are you going to keep the N75 or replace it with a MBC OR EBC?

golfgtikiw

Thanks for all the help DaNnY_LaD

I dont think Triple7 do a custom map, only revo and is a motec dealer,

I think i am going to have to look it to sending it away to get remaped, so whos the best about for this, i wonder where everyone with a k04 hybrid got theres re-maped

MBC OR EBC !!! whats these to the race N75

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Thanks for all the help DaNnY_LaD

I dont think Triple7 do a custom map, only revo and is a motec dealer,

I think i am going to have to look it to sending it away to get remaped, so whos the best about for this, i wonder where everyone with a k04 hybrid got theres re-maped

MBC OR EBC !!! whats these to the race N75

Have a look in the JBS section mate about the K04 hybrid and Manifold I think they used a Custom code Phase 3 Map to run it...

But worth a u2u...you've got nothing to loose..

EBC: Electric Boost Controller such as Greddy and Apexi Avc-r
MBC: Manuel Boost controller such as a forge Uno or turbosmart...

But does all depend on what your mapper wants on the setup...

I run a MBC as many others with my setup have run these...

EDIT: I noticed yours is a 180bhp version...So im guessing ul need some Oil and Coolant lines made up(Alex Or ibizacupra(bill) could possible do this.
Also what about the downpipe? Could you use a 225 downpipe Or is the engine different on them????????

It isnt a simple bolt on job tho..

Last edited:

golfgtikiw

I have been looking and see it might be best to go for an up-rated manifold to, what us think and what price do these be about.

so if i go in to the jbs section i can u2u JBS nad ask some questions,

i will allso have to look in to the Boost controller. dose the ecu not have a problem with putting these in.

DaNnY_LaD : what are these that u removed N112,N249 & SAI Removal

golfgtikiw

Its the same engine as the 225 and i have the downpipe to go with the k04, and the oil and coolent pipes are coming with it but will i need these modifed to bolt to my engine ?

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Alex you have fitted most of my problems! I would not buy a paper clip from backdraft!

I would love to know where you are coming from. Only issue with me was your dp bolts coming loose (the only kit that has done so). The pipe and scuttle melt was due to the mapping and high egt's. Not done by me or backdraft. You changed the turbo to the bigger one by choice. Not our fault it was too laggy for you. You had the kit reinstalled somewhere else who kinked and fitted pipes the wrong way and even left a nut off on the downpipe and used the wrong clamps on the exhaust.

I dont get why you are taking this so far. Posting on every forum. Im sure you have better things to do? Time for us all to get over it? Call me if you want to.

Once again, sorry to clog up your thread, just getting sick of this G1TMO X now.

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
New manifolds - £125 + Vat
2nd hand - £80 + Vat

Looks like you may need a 225 inlet manifold. If faces the other way would. I would then get a forge fron mounted intercooler and 225 upper boost hoses. You will also need the 225 map sensor housing.

golfgtikiw

Hi IbizaAlex

I allready have the Forge front mounted intercooler on the car at the min, so the 225 inlet manifold is on to, i know i will need the charger pipe and hoses to go form the turbo to the intercooler.

I think theres a map sensor housing on the forge kit or would i be wrong.

Wouls the standared manifold be ok or would i need an up-reated one, also will i need to modify the oil and coolent turbo pipes to fit my egine ????

Thanks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members