Wheel Alignment before and after in pictures! and Settings!!!

nc30rider

Feb 8, 2009
Where ever the wife tells me
Hi, Did the 4-wheel alignment at work today. It was a mile out for a car that has only done 4k miles especially at the rear. No wonder the wheel was off centre, the car must have been ‘crabbing’ along the road. I would recommend you get it done if you haven’t already.
It is spot on now though. Decided to keep the rear camber the same as it was cos the factory settings are a little too NEGATIVE IMO (See Pics) and would have caused wear on the inside of the rear tyres, probably v. good for handling though.
I have captured some screen shots of before and after when it was on the machine to compare. Also put up the settings page if anyone is interested.

Front Before
settingsbefore1.jpg

Front After
settingsafterfront1.jpg

Rear Before
settingsbeforerear1.jpg

Rear After
settingsafterrear1.jpg

Before and After together
currentmeasurements1.jpg

Factory Settings
settings1.jpg

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
looks like a nice bit of kit that

does it work solely off a vehicle database or can one-off's be catered for ?

nc30rider

Feb 8, 2009
looks like a nice bit of kit that

does it work solely off a vehicle database or can one-off's be catered for ?

It has a database in it for everyday cars, but is completely customizable to do one off's, Kit cars, Race set-ups etc.
Did one for a guy with an imported modified Honda Ingegra, he supplied the Data and I set it up for him.

nc30rider

Feb 8, 2009
I really should get mine done.. Keep meaning to but never have time to get around to it!

You'll soon get the money back in savings made on tyre wear!!!!
Deffo recomend getting the 4 wheels aligned instead of just the front tracking
This ensures the car runs true to the 'Thrust Angle' or Centre line of the car
You can see from the pics the Thrust Angle is 0º after the front and rear have been adjusted

Deleted member 23024

How much did that cost?
And what is the system called?

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Would this be the reason my steering wheel isnt 100% at 9-3 when im going straight ? Its ever so slightly off?

nc30rider

Feb 8, 2009
How much did that cost?
And what is the system called?

The system is by Supertracker, one of their wireless PC based alignment systems. It is superb IMO
This is it http://www.supertracker.com/wintrax_computer_aligners.htm
Not 100% of the cost as my boss paid for it not me:funk:
Around £6k i think for the machine
Free for the alignment, I work at the place
Would normally be about £40-£60 depending what needed done and what needed freed off

Last edited:

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
After eventually finding a garage which could do this for me (National took one look at the printouts of the images above, and sent me to Stortford Performance Tyres)
I had the full four wheel alignment plus camber adjust done according to these settings.

Good god, the FR TDI feels like a completely different car!

If you can cope with the cost of getting it all done (set me back over 100) I can thoroughly recommend it.

nc30rider

Feb 8, 2009
After eventually finding a garage which could do this for me (National took one look at the printouts of the images above, and sent me to Stortford Performance Tyres)
I had the full four wheel alignment plus camber adjust done according to these settings.

Good god, the FR TDI feels like a completely different car!

If you can cope with the cost of getting it all done (set me back over 100) I can thoroughly recommend it.

Why on earth Seat cannot do this in the Factory is a mystery to me. The car feels so much sweeter for it.
The only other cars I have come across that are as bad when new are Rovers!!!!:blink:
Everybody knows Seat have a far superior build quality to them:shrug:

You must have had some seized lock-nuts, this is what can take the time.
The alignment on mine only took me around 40 mins, begining to end.
Pays to free them off before taking it it in, can save you a few quid

stevesulsh

MY08FR
Dec 8, 2008
Dublin Ireland
in comparison to Stealer wheel alignment system soon to done on my FR, would they be able to get close to factory setting (just running bog standard car) and would it be accurate?? have almost no chance of finding someone over here with the supertracker system

nc30rider

Feb 8, 2009
in comparison to Stealer wheel alignment system soon to done on my FR, would they be able to get close to factory setting (just running bog standard car) and would it be accurate?? have almost no chance of finding someone over here with the supertracker system

Do you know what type of Alignment sys they have?
The old periscope type tracking gauges are not really any good
Accident repair centres usually have good systems
That's why we have the one we do
Try ringing round

stevesulsh

MY08FR
Dec 8, 2008
Dublin Ireland
Cheers says on Stealers list of service "4 wheel laser alignment" have to go in soon for poss warranty work on NSF suspension so imagine will have to be realigned after any work carried out just wondering if worth finding someone to "do it properly" (and really no slight intended) after I get the car back

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
Looks like the dogs danglies! Anyone know where I can get this service near St Albans?

djnemesis

Aug 17, 2008
OK so let me get this straight - Are you guys saying I do not have to put up with the uneven tyre wear on the rear then ??? I have doen 31K miles and the noise is getting worse - The Revo guy the other day said he thought a wheel bearing had gone but I had to explain to him the lovely cahps at SEAT HQ informed me that was normal !!! When I explained this he simply looked at me and said ermmm I wouldn't have that ! I have had the wheel alignment done and they have adjusted it but the rumble noise continues :(

Will this be resolved once I change the tyres ? I am not prepared to do that until they are worn completely....

Please help me with this consistantly annoying issue.

S

if you have uneven tyre wear, then this maybe causing the noise now, even though your alignment has been done. wheel bearings can wear more if you have harder suspension or larger wheel/lower profile tyres. AT 31k however that's a bit low for a wheel bearing to go, to I have noticed a slight noise from my rear passenger wheel lately. going to get new springs put on next week then get the 4 wheel alignment done and see what happens. Also hopefully sometime next month a set of wheels will be going on. either all that will cure the noise or a new wheel bearing will be fitted.

nc30rider

Feb 8, 2009
OK so let me get this straight - Are you guys saying I do not have to put up with the uneven tyre wear on the rear then ??? I have doen 31K miles and the noise is getting worse - The Revo guy the other day said he thought a wheel bearing had gone but I had to explain to him the lovely cahps at SEAT HQ informed me that was normal !!! When I explained this he simply looked at me and said ermmm I wouldn't have that ! I have had the wheel alignment done and they have adjusted it but the rumble noise continues :(

Will this be resolved once I change the tyres ? I am not prepared to do that until they are worn completely....

Please help me with this consistantly annoying issue.

S

The alignment will deffo cure the tyre wear on the rear
What make of tyres are you using?
I have Pirrellis and think they are quite noisy
My last car was a Megane and putting Goodyears on to it reduced tyre noise a lot
Though I think tyre noise is an issue on Leon's with low profiles regardless of make

djnemesis

Aug 17, 2008
The alignment will deffo cure the tyre wear on the rear
What make of tyres are you using?
I have Pirrellis and think they are quite noisy
My last car was a Megane and putting Goodyears on to it reduced tyre noise a lot
Though I think tyre noise is an issue on Leon's with low profiles regardless of make

Hi Ya,

Had the alignment doen and still they are wearing on the inside only - Coming up to 33K on the rears now but think I should get 40K+

I have B/S potenza on the front and rear.

Had a remap done recently at an audi garage and basically he thought the wheel bearing was f**ked when he test drove it which highlights how bad the sound is...

nc30rider

Feb 8, 2009
Hi Ya,

Had the alignment doen and still they are wearing on the inside only - Coming up to 33K on the rears now but think I should get 40K+

I have B/S potenza on the front and rear.

Had a remap done recently at an audi garage and basically he thought the wheel bearing was f**ked when he test drove it which highlights how bad the sound is...

What did you set the rear set to? I did not set the rear camber on mine to Manufacturers spec. IMO the manufacturers spec rear camber is a little too -VE camber. I kept mine a Little more upright to save tyre wear
TBH though I think 33K on the rear tyres is not too bad. How do you drive it? The more enthusiastic the less miles you get

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.