thePHILosiphers FR TDi - Stage 2 Complete - SOLD!!

Which colour brake calipers suit a red car??

• Red

Votes: 94 64.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • Blue

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Hi guys, decided to structure the front page a bit so its an easier read.

CONTENTS:

Interior
- flip key
- Black and Red Vent Surrounds
- Black gear surround
- in dash cd holder
- Boot Tray
- Black Coolant and Washer Fluid Caps
- Cupra Door Handles
- Cupra Gear Gaitor
- MK2 Leon Red and Black Gear Knob
- JBL Speakers
- Cruise Control
- Armster Armrest
- Central Sun Visor
- Richbrooke Tax Disk
- Cupra Handbrake Cover
- Golf Mk4 Interior Light
- MK5 Ibiza FR Seats
- Pioneer Double Dinn Sat Nav

Exterior:
- 4x yokohama parada spec's
- Genuine Cupra Mirror Covers
- TT Pedals
- Cupra Rear Spoiler
- Ring 100% Xenon Max Bulbs
- C2 Stubby Aerial
- SEAT Sport Side Skirts
- Refurbished Front Bumper
- HID's
- Slim Ballasts
- Heko Wind Deflectors
- 17" Leon FR+ Wheels

Performance
- PD160 Intake
- P-Torque Remap (now stands at 179bhp and 303ft/lb Torque)
Pipercross panel filter
- LCR Splitter
- Cupra Bushes
- New EGR gasket Fix
- SEAT Sport Strut brace
- 312mm brakes
- Eibach Pro Kit Springs
- Piper Turbo Back Exaust
- Piper Turbo Back Exhaust Video
- Forge FMIC
- PD150 Turbo
- Motech Remap

SHOWS/PHOTOSHOOTS

FR Vs Fiesta
Post 1
Post 2

Edition 38 2010
Post 1
Post 2

Picked my FR up 31st of May 2009 and I'm well chuffed, always wanted one of these babies now i can afford it, i got it :D, first impressions are that I have chosen well, just off 24k on the clock and a tad over £8k complete with the Luxury FR pack which includes the auto dimming mirror, heated nozzle jets, folding mirrors, heated mirrors, headlamp washers.

Day 1 pics. Sorry for the poor picture quality

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Stuff planned:
Window Tints
Wheel Refurbishment
Uprated Clutch
Stage 2 remap
Hard Alloy Upper Boost Pipe
Uprated Brake Discs

Other Bits wanted but cant afford yet:
Leather Interior
Eibach Pro Coilovers

Enjoy and any feedback and advice is always welcome [B)]

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
aero bumper, does it suit the car?

picture.php

opinions, i got offered an aero bumper for £400 fitted and painted, is it worth it??

I wasnt told if the new bumper had the ports for the headlamp washers or not, is it available with them??

the pic is one i've knocked up using MS Paint so soz about the quality

Another quick update, just ordered the caliper paint, PD160 intake and my auction on the flip key will end shortly (figures crossed i will win that) i'll update more pics during fitting and painting

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
i quite like it.

cheers guys,

the more i look at it the more it grows, i saw one of the full aero kits on a ruby red sport and that looked really good, i've gotta go have a look at it now and see if its got the headlamp washer ports (other wise i dont think it'll fit over the top of the washers)

Bean

Torque Junkie... Gimme mo
May 4, 2009
Portsmouth
may be a real noob moment here but, can you not just cut some ports into the bumper??

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
may be a real noob moment here but, can you not just cut some ports into the bumper??

I could cut holes into the bumper, but, if you look at my original pics, the bumpers have got flaps that operate with the washers. What i really dont want is to be driving around with 2 dirty great holes in the bumper when they are not in use.

Bean

Torque Junkie... Gimme mo
May 4, 2009
Portsmouth
I could cut holes into the bumper, but, if you look at my original pics, the bumpers have got flaps that operate with the washers. What i really dont want is to be driving around with 2 dirty great holes in the bumper when they are not in use.

I see, my mistake. I was under the impression that they weren't flaps but were attached to the washers and lifted with them, meaning they'll be there with the new bumper.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
PD 160 Hose and adapter

Okie dokie update time. Only 1 little un for now, but its a start. I got the new PD 160 intake fitted. Really easy job this, and it makes a nice subtle noise differance when you turn it on. I'll see what performance differance if any it makes when i take it out for a proper drive tommorow on the way to work.

Just dont do as i did and drop the little screwdriver head or screw into the engine bay, down the front by the fans. I got the screw back but not the head, its only about 1.5cm long so it is very small. I've looked with a torch and cant see it anywhere. Hopefully it's gone all the way to the under tray with the insulation. :cry:

The car goes in to get for a minor repair on thursday so i hope the garage can find it and pic it out for me.

It shouldnt cause any damage should it?? :think:

Pics of the Bay with PD160.

EngineBayPD160.jpg

teepee4bh

Returning old timer
Apr 19, 2009
Durham
it'll be in one of the ruts in the undertray

undertray is covered in little squares - i was always dropping stuff in engine bay

The beemer is even worse for getting stuff back

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Calipers

Just a couple of updates.

First of Tyres, after a long fight and blocking up the entire Barlow Motors forcourt, they finally put 2 decent replacement tyres on the car. 2x Yokohama Parada 2's and they are considerably better than the ruined pirellies, so at last job done.

Lastly took the car into Unit 18 today to get the calipers done, after the general feedback i went with the red calipers and it does look an awful lot better.

FrontPassenger.jpg

Cruise Control is due on October 1st (or sooner if my fleBay clear out goes to plan), just ordered my armster armrest to finish off my cruiser. I decided to make it more plush inside before i turn it into a BMW eater. Hopefully some no claims bonus should make it more affordable. Cheapest quote i got with a P-Torque remap was £2360 with Adrian Flux which is more than double what i am currently paying :-s

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
cheers mate, appreciated, can i ask you a question, which insurance company are you using with yours to cover the remapp?? i really want it done but the quotes im getting are more than double my current premium.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
well its on now, looking quite tasty only downside is that since im tall and have to have the seat right back i need to raise it to access the handbrake, but all in all it was well worth the money and the pro's far out way the con.

ArmrestFixture.jpg

FittedArmrest1.jpg

FittedArmrest2.jpg

FittedArmrest3.jpg

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Power Run Results

Took her up to Jam Sport today to find out what she's running at. I dont know what to make of the results, the guys in there where surprised at the results from a stock engine.

PowerRunResults.jpg

If anybody knows the estimated loss through the transmission or could comment on if these are decent results for a stock FR TDi thats in need of a service would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.