thePHILosiphers FR TDi - Stage 2 Complete - SOLD!!

Which colour brake calipers suit a red car??

• Red

Votes: 94 64.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • Blue

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
looking at that dyno, the torque level seems too high. PD engines do tend to make more on the rollers than standard figures state, but 40lbs more seems abit dodgy.

are you sure its standard?

might be the dyno lottery?

the fact it's made more than factory figures i'd be happy. however that graph looks well unhappy

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
lol yeh, measured at 8.1

The only mods that would affect it would be the cupra intake, the rest are purely cosmetic or interior.

The car runs on V-Power Diesel which again makes a very slight differance to how the car behaves but it is slight.

Over the past month or so, the performance has been very patchy and irratic, sometimes sharp and responsive, and others very stodgy any ideas to whats causing that??

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
has the car had a good service? fuel filter? oil etc? it could be anything at this point

fuel filter for me made a huge difference. its only a few quid!

it might be worth starting a thread in the tdi section where more knowledgeable people roam ;)
post the dyno graph again too with the thread.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
cheers bud

I know that it needs a service as its pinged up saying 300 to go (will be the 30,000 + annual service) would that also effect the dyno results?

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
in my non professional opinion i think it would but only slightly. your graph is very jerky, its the first i've seen like that. others who know more will confirm whether thats normal.

my leon (pd150) went in to a dealer under warranty as it wasn't boosting properly. sometimes it left me with no grunt pulling out of a junction. it wasn't safe. they looked into its service history and noticed the fuel filter hadn't been done for a while and it fixed the problem! very simple cant believe i didnt think of it.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Cheers man, i took it into SEAT today to get them to have a quick once over, and the fuel filter was supposed to have been changed during the 20k service and according to the paperwork, wasnt, so thats going to get done when its in for service on the 1st October.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
ok after much to deliberating i finally decided to order my custom design plates now gotta wait upto 14 days for delivery tho :(

NumberPlateonline.jpg

all lettering is legal standard so hopefully the rozzers will leave me alone.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
It's been a busy few weeks spending good money on her to keep her going:

its now fully serviced
replaced fuel filter
all round yokohama parada spec 2's (had to order 2 more as the toyo's i had on for a little bit picked up a couple of nails thanks to the dodgy northants roads so i had to go back to the ditch finders until fund free'd up)
new tax
and MOT and Cruise booked in with Unit 18 on the 2nd November:

To summarise, since i bought it, i have now done the following:
flip key
painted calipers
chrome vents
chrome gear surround
in dash cd holder
Boot Tray
4x yokohama parada spec's
Armster Armrest
PD160 Intake
Custom Design Number Plates

Stuff planned:
Cruise Control
Green Cotton Panel Filter
P-Torque Remap
SEAT Sport Strut Brace
LCR Splitter
HID's
Wheel Refurbishment (possible colour change)
Cupra Mirror Covers
Colour coded rub strips
TT Brakes

Stuff Still Undecided About:
Aero Front Bumper and side skirts
New Head Unit - I want it to be compatible with the steering wheel controls and ideally the AUX input if possible.

Last edited:

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
dont get chrome mirror covers....:( never been a fan, maybe colour code them to your alloy colour..thats what im doing?

nice list of MODs, pretty much what i have done!

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
agreed, thats why i was going to go cupra (the metalic black) :p those chrome ones look abit strange when on the car.

thats a good idea with the colour coded mirrors.

what do you think about black wheels on the car??

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
agreed, thats why i was going to go cupra (the metalic black) :p those chrome ones look abit strange when on the car.

thats a good idea with the colour coded mirrors.

what do you think about black wheels on the car??

on red they look very nice,

i went for a anthracite colour...and colour coded the wing mirrors to them...as my silver FR wing mirrors are the same as my actually car colour

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
local place near me in dunstable...where i work...not where i live lol! took a day but left it with them when i went to work

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
local place near me in dunstable...where i work...not where i live lol! took a day but left it with them when i went to work

lol bit of a trek home then, well im not that far from dunstable (i work in bedford, live in kettering - no more than an hour) whats the place called if you dont mind me asking??

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Back in for repairs :(

cars broken....... again so off to the dealers again

today we have:

EGR failure (at least thats what the RAC report says) so the car has gone into limp mode

Doors will not stay dead locked, i double click the lock button doors deadlock then the passenger door unlocks. The alarm however is still active which is something i suppose

Passenger side headlamp washer not going back into the bumper

drivers side door mirror not heating up

notcy gearbox in around 2nd gear

wind noise from the drivers mirror is really bad when wet as it whistles and drives me nuts!! (supposed to have been fixed once already.......)

i love SEATs but i wish they where more reliable

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
All fixed + Cruise Control

At last finally *touch wood* everything is working again without any major issues, ive had:

EGR valve replaced (twice),
Drivers wing mirror glass replaced,
Passenger Door Lock and sensor replaced
Door Seal's (OS and NS)
New oil in the gearbox
Headlamp washer unit replaced
New Cupholder (the flap inside broke off)

Also today had the cruise control finally Fitted by the guys @ Unit 18 :D

CruiseControl.jpg

MOT completed and sailed through, no advisory notices so all is good

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Where did you buy the armrest from?
I've seen lots online but all seem to be selling for funny money!
Also this one looks a decent quality.

.G.

i got it from a company call www.car-stylebits.com via eBay, i'll be honest, i paid funny money for it as i had bought a cheap-o one from ebay and it didnt fit properly over the handbrake

Its the armster one, and it is the best ive seen in terms to non factory fitted rests with all the adjustability and a nice big pocket. Also if you ever changed ya motor, you keep the rest itself and by a new base to fit the new car, jobs a goodun!! :D. Its also solid, i had the boss applying his full weight on it and it didnt brake or bend at all.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Roll on december is all i can say, p-torque remap on the way thanks to a cracking group buy from Will, hopefully i might get my car back at some point so i can get it done, it seems to have dumped me and is currently in bed with the SEAT dealer getting its 'engine' looked at.........

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.