here's my Platinum Leon Cupra Facelift

Dec 21, 2005
London
Thought Id dedicate a page to my cupra as Iv owned many but never really had a readers ride page anyway.

brought it as a standard platinum grey 52 reg facelift with 105k on the clock its got a full dealer history so that helped me make my mind up and it had been well looked after the guy before me paid like £9500 for it :-o but that was some time ago, the car really looked and drove like it had done half the miles on the clock.

now for the mods done so far:

rs6 wheels with continental tyres
jom coilovers dropped about 30-40mm at the moment
adjustable drop links
poly bushed the following
anti roll bar
wishbone front and rear
rear axle
steering rack
rear engine mount dog bone bush

lcr splitter
powerflow cat back oval exit exhaust
stainless steel decat with spaced lambda so no engine light ;)
seat mp3 headunit
front and rear wind deflectors
dimpled vrs steering wheel
dimpled vrs handbrake cover
vrs pedal covers
cupra badge on front grill
6000k hid kit fitted with perfection [B)]
led sidelights
led main beam
led fog lights
all to match the hids
polished dipstick
polished strut covers
bosch super plugs
n249 bypass
golf recaro interior + armrest
black recirc dv
remapped
!!! black rearview mirror but cracked my windscreen whilst fitting it [:@] !!!

think thats about it so far..

to do list

replace windscreen
timing belt + waterpump
oil change
bmc induction
short shifter
seat sport badge on engine cover
rear anti roll bar whiteline adjustable
front 5 or 10mm spacers
rear 10 or 15mm spacers
smoke tint windows
black roof lining and pillars from lcr
new discs maybe grooved
uprated pads
silcone hoses
silicone tip
lower + upper s3 brace
rear strut brace
fabia rear wiper or might do golf aeros all round
rear 256mm brake conversion DECIDED NOT TO FOR NOW
paint front and rear bumper due to a few scratches

think thats about it will up some pics in the near future,, anyone got any advice or ideas would be nice to know ,, thanks for viewing ..

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2005
London
a few pics of how it looked when I got it....

mediaCAXR8CYL640x480.jpg

mediaCAITBYOH640x480.jpg

mediaCAG28NGI640x480-1.jpg

mediaCA9V2DYL640x480.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2005
London
my cars decatted should I get it mapped ? could someone advise me on this personally I dont really wanna map it ..

Dec 21, 2005
London
well mostly cos its done 105k dont wanna blow up the turbo or stress the engine its already smoking which worries me at times

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2005
London
yeah its been well looked after full history as well I shouldnt have even decatted it say the truth but couldnt stand the silent exhaust and power held back by the cat so much better to drive now and sounds just right handles really well now too after the bushes and coilovers gonna put some front and rear 10mm spacers on which I got off cupra87, just need to source some longer bolts think I need 40mm ones ..

Dec 21, 2005
London
Just picked up my seats managed to get some black and grey golf gti ones just what I wanted.

DSC03911.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
im sure someone will probably advise against this for one reason or another but i used standard bolts when i had 10mm spacers on my lcr, never had any issues what so ever.

btw update on the airbox, was struggling with a box but finally managed to source one today from work so will be sending tomoz. sorry, slightly later postage than planned :)

Dec 21, 2005
London
im sure someone will probably advise against this for one reason or another but i used standard bolts when i had 10mm spacers on my lcr, never had any issues what so ever.

btw update on the airbox, was struggling with a box but finally managed to source one today from work so will be sending tomoz. sorry, slightly later postage than planned :)

no probs Rocky as long as it gets there,, fitted my seats today look quite nice will up some pics soon

Dec 21, 2005
London
done a few bits today, put polished strut covers on, debadged the tailgate and did that n249 bypass not much of a difference but guess It needs a remap.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2005
London
would love some advice on front discs just cant make my mind mind up dont wanna spend too much, found some grooved or grooved and drilled discs on ebay for £70? pagid discs from eurocarparts £65 ? plain ebc vented discs £70 ? could someone tell me which ones to go for and why I was in two minds with the grooved/grooved and drilled discs as they are made by mintbitz or mtech which I havent really heard of , thanks in advance

Dec 21, 2005
London
went for the brembo max discs with redstuff pads managed to grab them for £90 and had pads from before which I didnt use so sorted just need some rear discs and pads now ...

Dec 21, 2005
London
looks like im not getting my brembo max discs as there out of stock till the 18th so I just went ebc plain front with redstuff and ebc plain rear with ebc ultimax pads

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.