K1 kitted Leon Cupra gone........ Now got a TTRS

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
here is my K1 kitted Cupra.
Bought her last June(2010). The previous owner had done the majority of her mods, but now I'm changing her to make her mine!

Spec when bought.
Bluefin Stage 1 map, making approx 300bhp.
Milltek cat back resonated.
Lowered Eibach sportline 20mm drop
19" RS4 reps

SDC11373.jpg

SDC11372.jpg

SDC11375.jpg

SDC11376.jpg

I've only made a few changes as yet.

Started with the Linea R grill (thanks to Sere Motors)

SDC11663.jpg

***** fin aerial (although still have to connect as the ends are different)

SDC11665.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
The most resent change is the Forge twin take, makes a wicked noise.

SDC11702.jpg

Had to put the standard map back on due to the clutch slipping. Luckily with the Bluefin, you get a hand control unit, so installing maps is a matter of 30 minutes.
Really miss the extra shove.

Was going to order an OEM clutch kit, but worried to how long it would last. SO bit the bullet and ordered a Helix "stage 2" clutch kit. comprises of an organic clutch rated to apprx 380nm of torque, and a lightened SMF. Cost £900.00 inc vat, from Backdraft (cheers Steve). Just got to get it fitted, and the map can go back on.

Helix.jpg

Got another mod, but you'll have to wait for the pictures.

Jan 3, 2011
Hello

Hello you post a video of a resonated milltek back box, I'm thinking getting non res but don't know what resonated sounds like, you selling back box?!

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Hello you post a video of a resonated milltek back box, I'm thinking getting non res but don't know what resonated sounds like, you selling back box?!

Hi mate, tbh honest I want to go non resonated as mine is too quiet. It's ok when started cold, but once warmed quietens right down.
I will try and post a vid soon.

Jan 3, 2011
Yeah would appreciate few videos if I like how much you sell back box for?! I do like the non res sounds awesome

jaggy786

Feb 16, 2011
Rims look Awesome!!! Ive got a black leon wid the btcc kit on it im getting my wheels done in black this week, did you get em done gloss black or pearlescent black i want mine to look like yours.....any chance you could tell me what kind of black they or get me a paint code for the wheels...

Jan 3, 2011
Jaggy I have black k1 with gloss black rims they have been glossed it looks fantastic with the red calipers and red and black trim inside lush!!

Jan 3, 2011
Mark you do me a video please of resonated exhaust please !! I'm going get either non res or res this friday I'm swayed towards non resonated sounds great!!

h7 cya

Jun 3, 2009
Lovely car mate, them wheels have transformed it. Such nice contrast. Keep up the good work.

Dude

1st UK MK2 LCR on here
Dec 10, 2009
Nice mate. Black wheels and red, go well.

Always had a soft spot for the K1’s.

CWT

R-Grill

Hi.

I've had my K1 from new and apart from a re-map, I've never done anything to it but I fancy making look a little better. It's booked in, in a few weeks time for a roof and rear spoiler wrap and to compliment this, I'd like to fit a Cupra R grill to it (as you have). Is there much to it or does it go straight on? Also, how much are they?

Many thanks

Craig.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Hi Mate, I ordered my Linea R grill through Sere Motors. From memory cost about £80 approx.
The best way to start is to pull the lugs up, be careful not to pull them up too far as they don't need to be pulled out, just need to pulled up. There are two lugs either side of the grill. Main advise just take your time and look where everything goes.

CWT

Thanks for the help. Just one last thing before i order the grill. I'm told it only comes in brushed aluminium surround. Did you paint (or wrap) yours or does the original gloss black surround clip off?

Again many thanks for your help.

Craig.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Thanks for the help. Just one last thing before i order the grill. I'm told it only comes in brushed aluminium surround. Did you paint (or wrap) yours or does the original gloss black surround clip off?

Again many thanks for your help.

Craig.

Hi mate, yes the grill only comes with the aluminuim grill. The grill surround is clipped in, and took me around 10 minutes to unclip. Some of them are quite brittle, and a pain in the arse to undo. Again just take your time, and watch your fingers! If it all goes well, you can put the ali surround on the old grill and sell it on ebay. :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.