K1 kitted Leon Cupra gone........ Now got a TTRS

10man

Revo'd cupra k1
Sep 11, 2009
long eaton, notts
Hi ya guys, bit off topic but got an issue with my k1 and would appreciate any feedback, had my k1 almost 2months, she's standard tho I'm planning on changing that asap, anyway my emissions light has come on and stayed on for a day then gone off I'm also not happy with the performance she feels fairly strong upto around 3rd but there doesn't seem to be much pull higher thru the gears, I had cupra r runnig 250bhp n she feels way way down on that, she's booked in weds at my local seat, any suggestions???

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Just a few photo's of my my new dash, for those not going to GTI Inters.

2011-06-25110110.jpg

The spots on the dash are rain reflecting, and not the finish, LOL

2011-06-25105928.jpg

2011-06-25105956.jpg

Got the HU off ebay, but need it re coding so I can get it to work. Local VW dealer wants £35.00 to do it!

really makes the interior look loads better IMO.

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)

I was so close to doing this. Ordered the headlight protectors ready to tint but didnt like the fitment, how the were a tight push fit rubbing against the paint.

It is a great look though! Looks evil, just how I imagined it would.

Did you do the dash yourself,wanted to do this too. Then toyed with the idea of flocking, its still oem as it stands

Great work

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Cheers mate.
Like you, not that impressed with the fitment of the protectors.
I had a local sprayer do the dash for me. Really happy with how the interior looks now. Never liked the OEM dash colour.

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Cheers mate.
Like you, not that impressed with the fitment of the protectors.
I had a local sprayer do the dash for me. Really happy with how the interior looks now. Never liked the OEM dash colour.

Mind me asking how much they charged you for the painting? I was going to order the bits off Dave and get them painted so it was just a quick change over.

Have you seen the dipping that gives a carbon effect?

Apr 22, 2010
Leicester
Mind me asking how much they charged you for the painting? I was going to order the bits off Dave and get them painted so it was just a quick change over.

Have you seen the dipping that gives a carbon effect?

a friend of mine had some bits carbon dipped, looked really good!

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Garage charged £50, bought the dash in parts off ebay. Cost around £100.

No I haven't seen the carbon effect, sounds interesting though.

To change the dash, took around 20 minutes. Most of that was trying to put the vents back into place, after they all fell out.

If you were to do it, there are cheap plastic trim removers, again off ebay.

I started by taking the OEM HU out, really easy just ease the stereo out with the trim removers.
Once it's out, look underneath the climate control panel, inside the dash. There are two torq screws you need to take out. I didn't see them at first, and nearly broke the whole panel. Once there undone, again use the trim removers to ease out the facia.
As you ease the panel out, look behind the climate control panel inside, as there are two more torq screws to remove.

You should be able to ease everything apart now. The main dash is really easy. There are only three torqs screws down the side, near the HU. Take those out, and use the trim removers to take it off.

seat 240

have you looked on lamin-x.co.uk for doing you head lights really good stuff did my fog lights easy to work with.

robin_nerf

Jun 28, 2011
Sweden
Hello Markgb!
Awsome ride, a really nice 10 point-car out of 10 :) !

I can se that you have a Forge Twintake, how do you like it ?
I'm about to buy a Twintake or a ITG, but i really cant decide. (Some say that Twintake is to quite and some that ITG is to noisy).

/Robin

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Cheers mate,
I love the noise of the twintake, some say that it can be annoying. But I've found it addictive.
I keep meaning to do a video of it, I will try and do one for the weekend.

robin_nerf

Jun 28, 2011
Sweden
Cheers mate,
I love the noise of the twintake, some say that it can be annoying. But I've found it addictive.
I keep meaning to do a video of it, I will try and do one for the weekend.

I would love to hear your sound :)
Annoying? How can it be annoying ? People say that this kit is a bit quiet ?

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Nice to see your keeping up the modding Mark.

I do miss my K1.

I resisted the templtation to take myEVO on the 1/4 at the pod the other week.

I will when its running right.

To think I threw my toys out of the pram and sold my K1 cause I couldnt get hold of an exhaust hanging bracket from SEAT!

Now I have an EVO which is having teething problems of far greater magnitude. Oh well!

Some nice runs there though mate.

I sometimes go the evo meets at Birstall services (every other Thurs night). Do you still get down on Wednesdays with the Leon Boys. I might pop down for old time sake!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.