Strykezero Black 1.9TDi SE

strykezero

Oct 2, 2010
Oldbury
Hey all, welcome to my build thread.

So now that it's home and washed and all the makeup cleaned off the roof lining, let the modding begin!

List of mods and fixes in order:

• Debadged the back leaving TDi badge.
  • Reconnected washer pipe after it popped off in two places (How is that possible?).
  • Full service with all Bosch kit and fully synthetic oil.
  • Two new front tyres and tracking.
  • Fixed drivers side windows not going down properly (The foam had come off and got stuck).
  • Found a new volume knob for my stereo in the garage.
  • Fitted Bosch Aerotwin wipers.
  • Painted all four calipers red.
  • New BBS wheels.

Waiting on some money to come back to me as mod money turned into puppy money.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
put a pic of the dash up when your able to, i had a few scratches in my old mk4's dash and managed to get them out myself.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
How would you get them out there not deep but were caused by a dog and really ruin the finish of the car?

I heated mine up with a hairdrier (not too much as this will just leave a big shiney patch) and used a 'yellow' duster and the tip of my thumb and rubbed on them really hard. The little 'tufts' of plastic that make the scratch should come off and it will look as good as new.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Heres a link to some pictures add an extra t after the h at the start.

htp://img822.imageshack.us/g/29032011791.jpg/

going by the photos, they don't look very deep but will still take a bit of work since they are so long. Worth a go though. Cheap silicone dash spray covers up scratches pretty well too tbh.

strykezero

Oct 2, 2010
Oldbury
You can just about feel them under your nail so not that deep might be worth a try getting them out or at least reducing them. I'll see what I can do tomorrow if I get some free time.

strykezero

Oct 2, 2010
Oldbury
Just arrived back from p-torque with a huge grin on my face, Will did an excellent job in mapping the car now producing a healthy 144bhp. It's a completely different car with so much power in each gear, economy has suffered a bit but that could be down the the spirited drive home. Thanks again Will and would recommend you to anyone looking for a decent map.

Last edited:

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
you should set up a reader's ride so that you can post up pictures and share what mods you have done.

strykezero

Oct 2, 2010
Oldbury
This is in the readers ride section i think, I tried your method for getting the scratches off the dash and it worked, they are now less visible in the sunlight and I might try again soon to lit them a bit more. Thanks for the tip. :)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Ooh 3 more posts and we can ogle your car lol, I always like to have a peek especially when it's a tdi:D

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
This is in the readers ride section i think, I tried your method for getting the scratches off the dash and it worked, they are now less visible in the sunlight and I might try again soon to lit them a bit more. Thanks for the tip. :)

Good to know that your dash now looks much better now. The mods must have moved the thread

strykezero

Oct 2, 2010
Oldbury
Have just got to try it on all the other plastics in the car so I can put off buying a new interior for a while and concentrate on other things, got some nice Bosch flat blades in the post from some money my dad owed me. Have had to put off my big order from Dave at Sere because I lent my girlfriend £300 to buy a puppy, so just waiting on that cash to come back as soon as possible, don't want to start digging into my savings just yet.

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Sounds interesting, post up some pics when you can :D

I see you're in oldbury, you should check the midlands meet section, would be nice to meet some new faces

strykezero

Oct 2, 2010
Oldbury
I'm literally down the road from the M5 J2, will look at coming to some of the meets soon :)

And finally I've hit the magical 15 posts so here's the first treat, my rolling road printout from p-torque.

lastscank.jpg

By strykezero at 2011-04-04

Last edited:

strykezero

Oct 2, 2010
Oldbury
Update, got crashed into by white van man few weeks ago, car is salvageable as has only had door, wing and mirror crashed into. After a few hundred miles on the motorway I've managed to get a door and wing in black just on the hunt for an electric heated mirror in black. Pic to follow.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Aero wipers are amazing have seen me well so far on the motorway in heavy rain with near silent operation, look the part too :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.