Hello from Kent!

Feb 2, 2024
Hello from Kent :)

Been lurking for a while, figured I may as well make an introduction post.

I've owned a MK5 Ibiza Sport 1.6 petrol (3dr) since 2016.

I don't know a great deal about cars or fixing/modding them, but I love my Ibiza to death, so I've been trying to learn all I can so I can understand my car better and try to fix things myself.

Currently I'm learning what I can about upgrading the audio - already made the mistake of buying cheap pioneers only to find that I prefer the stock loudspeakers (they're so bassy!?). Luckily I only changed the drivers side speaker before realising the sound wasn't as nice (all that pain of wrangling the door panel for nothing lmao).

Not sure where to begin with upgrading the HU, or adding a sub. I love the look of the stock stereo with all of its physical buttons, and I'm not all that keen on these fancy new HU's with touch screens and no physical knobs for volume, haha.

Some of the guides in this forum have been invaluable so far. I don't think I've been a member of an active forum since 2007, so happy to be here! lmao.

I'd love to know what possible mods I could do for my car to increase performance, but I think there's not much I can do since it's not a turbo? From what I've read, I can stick in some better breaks and suspension, but that's about it 😔 More than happy to be learned real good by anyone who owns my particular model and has done any and all mods.

Would love to own a 6J TSI FR or a 6P Cupra one day. I love the Ibiza so much 😍

Thanks for reading this essay.

Reactions: H Rafiq

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
My friend has an Ibiza Cupra mk5 DSG in black. Very nice car. Light and quite nippy. The sound system in Seats isn’t bad to be honest. Sound proofing the doors, boot etc. may increase quality? I’d stick with the stock radio if it ticks all your boxes. You could do a stage 1 ECU tune, it not worth it. I think it’d only add 5-10bhp. Is it DSG? You may as well upgrade to 6j Cupra, when the time comes, instead of modifying.

Reactions: Goooze
Feb 2, 2024
My friend has an Ibiza Cupra mk5 DSG in black. Very nice car. Light and quite nippy. The sound system in Seats isn’t bad to be honest. Sound proofing the doors, boot etc. may increase quality? I’d stick with the stock radio if it ticks all your boxes. You could do a stage 1 ECU tune, it not worth it. I think it’d only add 5-10bhp. Is it DSG? You may as well upgrade to 6j Cupra, when the time comes, instead of modifying.

I do think I'll stick with the stock radio for now. The manual tells me it outputs 4x 20w RMS, but I can't find anything online about what the nominal/max output are for the stock speakers (6J0 350 411).

Anyway, I'm going to stick the stock speaker back in the drivers door, and get two stock replacements for the rear speakers (one blown, one on the edge of the same fate). I'll also look into an amp and deadening while I've got the trim off.

I'll have my fun with modifying the cheap and easy-ish bits on my beloved ibiza for now, but for the future I do think I'll consider getting a cupra.

Thank you :)

Reactions: H Rafiq