itfben's LCR :)

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
Finally picked up my LCR on Saturday... :funk:

My Previous Leon (1.6) - RR click here

1301478897_resized.jpg

...it certainly looked the business so it really set the bar for this one and the LCR will smash that bar so watch this space -

Leon Cupra R 210 '03

1302777916_resized.jpg

(for sale image)

1306532997_resized.jpg

(after a good spruce up :) )

Mods:

1) AMD remap to 260bhp
2) All round tinted windows
3) Panel filter
4) Decat
5) 007p dv
6) aero front wipers

Day1:

Arrived home & within 30 minutes I did my first two mods.

1) Fabia Rear Wiper
2) Complete Debdge

Day 2:

1) rear 20mm spacers

Day3:

1) Removed Bonnet Lining
...and a quick clean

27th April

1) Genuine C2 aerial - stubby

3rd May

1) Drilled airbox

3rd June

1) Angel Eyes :)

Mods to do:

1) LC Honey comb grills
3) Powder coat LCR wheels - Gloss Back
4) Polish Inlet Manifold & Charge Pipe
5) Dress Engine Bay
6) Stubby aerial
7) FMIC
8) 20mm lowering springs
9) Vinyl wrap rear spolier
10) Adjustable Rear ARB
11) Front mudflaps
12) DIY shortshift

Mods might do:

1) HID's
2) Angel eyes
3) Cat back exhaust
4) Boost gauge
5) Scangauge 2
6) New Headunit
7) New Seats - more supportive

Pics will come shortly, just wanted to get thread started before I go away this week.

Last edited:

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
ye well I had the bug based from the 1.6 (now put into the OP) and Im going to try make it even better looking than the 1.6 but it will have an engine that performance a awesome as it looks :)

Oh and my top secret engine bay was inspired by a photo of your car Robbie - so a big thanks in advance mate for the inspiration!

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Good to see you found one fella. It looks like a good un as well, decent spec too! :)

Good to see you're getting stuck in straight away.

I look forward to see this project progress. :)

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Glad you finally got one dude, you'd wanted one for ages, eh. 10/10 for making a quick start on the mods too :)

More pics needed!

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
cheers 8bit ye you know, so glad finally got one, the mileage is a bit high but it seems to have a hefty service history so I really want to look after it to keep it going well for as long as poss, keep those high mileage problems at bay.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Mileage is only really a problem if the car hasn't been serviced and cared for properly. Service history tells you one story, good chance if it's been properly serviced then the owner(s) will have treated it with enough mechanical sympathy. Enjoy, looking forward to your progress :)

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Hey - you finally got one then :) youve made a cracking start mate - this looks like its going to be another money pit LCR, so will keep my eye on this one. Sure you will have some nice updates on this.

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
if your 1.6 is anything to go by then this LCR will be good!!

Great base car with the essentials done

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
Cheers peeps. Currently away on holiday snowboarding. Just wana get home and get modding shame about the holiday, the money im prob guna total spending on it i could spending on pimpin the LCR (Wheels sprayed, lowered & engine bay snazz-up) :(

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Cheers peeps. Currently away on holiday snowboarding. Just wana get home and get modding shame about the holiday, the money im prob guna total spending on it i could spending on pimpin the LCR (Wheels sprayed, lowered & engine bay snazz-up) :(

Yeah but you know you will love it out on the slopes. I do a bit of boarding, but been a few years since I went out onto a mountain. Just make do with the occasional go at Hemel Snow Centre. Obviously not the same, but fun none the less.

Where are you headed to?

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
Im out here at the mo. Its fun but not as fun as being behind my LCR's wheel and doesnt make me smile anywhere as much as seeing my baby in the flesh let alone seeing her after the £500 i could have spent on her. Im being proper tight so i can bring as much back as poss.

Im not a holiday person, im 20 i want toys to flash about now! I can waste money on holidays later in life.

Bit of a petrolhead :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.