fr tdi, boost pipe part numbers & advice

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
hi, need to replace our remapped tdi boost pipes (smic - standard) as the small 90 degree pipe at the front lower (in front of drivers wheel) pipe has popped off with very worn lugs. the top pipe is seeping a little oil as well so might as well replace that too.

my question is are the pipes kits from sfs or samco any better than the standard seat pipes as they must use lugs to connect to the current system? maybe they use stainless steel instaed of alloy??

2, what are the part numbers & prices from seat for the pipes & clips?

any advice much appreciated.

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
Can't remember part number off the top of my head but I bought one last March from Ted Johnson and it cost about £90 all told. Not cheap!

If no one else can help you out I'll get the part numbers off the invoice when I get home.

If it were to happen to me again I'd look more carefully into aftermarket parts tbh.

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
well, from what i can see, the aftermarket pipes still use alloy lugs to fit into the existing hose connections so i guess will suffer the same fatigue?? that said the top pipe is one piece reducing the amount of connections.

due to the cost i see folk recommend doing a FMIC instead and then new pipe work from forge. not sure i can be bothered with that amount of work at the moment (gotme hands full at home & WITH THE 101). might just get the stock pipe replacement.

so Matt if you can find the part number much appreciated as no one else has replied.

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
update:
bottom elbow hose 6q0145832c
price £96 inc. barlows seat - wolverhampton
abit steep for a few inches & a curve!

any1 know cheaper?

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
My pipe went a couple of weeks ago so I replaced it with one of these

IMG00441-20110520-1636.jpg

Comes to £48 delivered from http://www.sfsperformance.co.uk/ if you speak to Lee he can knock you one up. SEAT can get stuffed at £96!!!!! you can have any colour you want, they only had blue when i called and I needed the car on the road asap otherwise I'd of got a black one.

Part number is 223.2

IMG00445-20110521-1335.jpg

I had to cut a bit off of each end as it was pushing the hard pipe against the sump.

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
just the job, i have already emailed them - waiting for reply. ill give them a ring today now i know they sell separate.

does look alot bigger than standard. was it the silicone pipe you cut shorter or did you have the alloy turned down?

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
I cut the silicone down, I found a small paint pot that was the same diameter and slide that inside then used one of the circular clips as a guide I took 1cm off each end. Try yours first to see if it fits but it was a right struggle to do. My advise is to put the alloy ends in the pips first and then slide the hose on one side tighten it and then man handle the other side into place :)

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
i like the idea of putting in the alloy ends in first, any seals on the end of them? picture doesnt show any

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
you have to use your current seals :) just pick them out and pop them onto the new billett alloy ends :)

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
even if it is £90 it looks far more robust than the OEM pipe so will likely last longer anyway? Although if it can be had for £50 then all the better!!

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
Man that sucks balls! did you say that someone on here bought one not last week and it was half the price! and why would they out price themselfs......

Sorry mate.

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
ill try again at the end of the week. i didnt mention the price you payed, nor seatcupra.net. i was too:cry:

Last edited:

cbush

I've seen repair kits (after i paid £90.00 for a new one) basically 2 curved bits of metal with spacers and bolts to clamp the pipe to the cooler. Think they were around £15.00....

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
so update prices for bottom elbow:

local dealer £96 (requires collection)
seremotors £85 all in
SFS £90 (th223.2) (might get some discount yet)
samco £104.81 (TB2826) fluro made to order approx 4weeks

i did get a really encouraging reply from SAMCO, and would offer 10% off the kit but not individual pipes.

not much init really.

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
so update prices for bottom elbow:

local dealer £96 (requires collection)
seremotors £85 all in
SFS £90 (th223.2) (might get some discount yet)
samco £104.81 (TB2826) fluro made to order approx 4weeks

i did get a really encouraging reply from SAMCO, and would offer 10% off the kit but not individual pipes.

not much init really.

That is such a pisser! if you speak to David at Sere in the Stealers section his OE pipe is £85.

Its a bit of a joke as the billet ends are like £25 so cant see why the pipe is so much!!!

What you gonna do?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members