Water in boot spare wheel well Mk3 Seat Leon Fr 2014

F1 Fan

May 24, 2023
Hi all
I have just recently noticed an inch or 2 of water in my boot spare wheel well. Its very strange as the surrounding boot areas are bone dry. I mopped up water and after driving car in the dry there was still a little amount of water in wheel well again. I have checked online and there are some owners stating its a common issue on mk7 golfs aswell as mk3 Seats where the rear side vents located in the wheel arch are loose letting in water or another possibility is rear screen jet wash pipe broke. I do have a used warranty but it does not cover this issue. Has anyone had the same issue and what roughly would be the cost to remove bumper and rear lights to gain access to replace vents if this is the case. Any help and feedback much appreciated.

Dec 27, 2021
Do you have a panoramic roof? I also had water in the spare wheel well which was caused by a blocked rear drainage from the panoramic roof. Do you have a hatchback or ST?

F1 Fan

May 24, 2023
Hi
I have the hatchback and no sunroof .I have noticed a little water in rear lights .I washed car today and no water ingress its a bit of a mystery.Thanks for your response.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise