Wrayvons Tdi Sport 130

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
Evening folks!

Thought I'd start a little readers ride thread as I've done a few things since getting my car. Nothing extravagant but just subtle little changes.

I decided to go to the darkside due to doing 400-500 miles a week driving too and from work. So I upgraded from my trusty (and awesome) Puma

gallery_29824_1_247551.jpg

Loved that car.

Anyway, onwards and upwards I went then....

bought this:

2.jpg

1.jpg

Once I had taken it under my wing I gave it a good clean and removed (only partially in the pic) the hands free aerial thing.

(excuse bad pics and finger!)

1306085855064.jpg

1306085875012.jpg

Then over the next few weeks I added a few new items.

Newer style rear wiper arm and blade

1308407343729.jpg

continued....

Last edited:

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley

Stubby aerial
1308407308026.jpg

6k HIDs, SMD LED side lights and silvertec (I think) indicator bulbs.

1308407391079.jpg

Also new aero wiper blades

1308407407213.jpg

Possibly the most useful mod yet:

Aux Cable

1308407492270.jpg

Then for a bit of colour:

Red cupra vent things

1308407451671.jpg

And finally to tidy the front up,

New reg plate as other was nasty!
1308407244275.jpg

So this is how he is sitting at the moment:

1308407284141.jpg

Hope you like!

Parts on order:
Cupra hand brake cover
Cupra gear gaitor thing

Wanted mods:
Coilovers perhaps
Re-map.....
Possibly chrome vent rings....undecided.

Any suggestions?

Car is booked in with a friend for cambelt change end of this week, and also new front right coil spring as it broke this week! Bugger!

Hope you like somewhere near as much as me :)

Last edited:

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
Thanks Blanco! Any extra suggestions?

I live in Bradford/Leeds area, but I'm only actually at home during the week haha. I stay with the Mrs in Darwen during the week and work in Didsbury in Manchester! So I'm all over the place :p

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Suggestions... maybe FR front grilles? I've got them on mine, many change the bumpers though to facelift or Cupra ones so it depends if they are in your plans...

So this is why you have a diesel, for all that travelling! Bet you clock up a few miles? I actually work in Didsbury most days of the week as it happens, so maybe I'll spot you one day! Only live down the road in Gatley too, but strangely enough you could find me in Leeds once a month as I do a bit of karting at PPIK (if you know it?).

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
Yeah I think I may get the FR grills!

-----------------

Only a slight update, no pics unfortunately....

Got cambelt + waterpump etc changed last weekend.

Also getting my Cupra gaitor and handbrake fitted this weekend :)

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
Still not got my gaitor fitted :( But my handbrake is in and feels niiiiiiiice.

Pics when I get both in there.

Gave him a good wash today, even used clay (quickly though), which I am new to!

Took a few pics tonight too:

1310244588517.jpg

1310244757576.jpg

1310244800511.jpg

Just noticed from the pics, I have a number plate bulb out! Doh! Oh well, best get some LED ones then..... (anyone know what sort they are so I don't have to go look in the morning?)

Fitted some Osram Nightbreaker Plus to the fogs, but they still look quite yellowy compared to my HIDs sooo looks like HIDs for my fogs will be going on the shopping list at some point too :/

Anyone fitted a LCR splitter to one of these old style bumpers? How do they look?

That's all folks!

Last edited:

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
Gave him a wash yesterday, also got my 6k HIDs fitted to my fogs last weekend! :D Absolute bitch to fit though :blink:

IMAG0338.jpg

HID fogs and Headlights (both 6k)

IMAG0339.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

Don't really use them that much anyway, but I hated how they 'didn't match' before.

Anyone got any ideas what I can do to my full beam to make them nearly the same colour?

Last edited:

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
They are just normal HID kit from diane-shop on ebay. Just H3 bulbs :)

To get them to fit though was a bit of a faff. Had to modify a few things. One being that we had to take out the silver cover that is over the top of the bulb once in its casing thing. This was due to the HID bulb being taller than the standard bulbs.

We also had to modify the connectors a tad, but my friend did that so not entirely sure what he did!

A lot of effort for something I did just for looks really but oh well. (They do work really well though :D)

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
Remap done! Unfortunately no print out with it. But it really has added a LOT of power. Will have to careful with ye olde clutch now :|

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
Thanks Jmerrie, visually the car is standard really. So it has given a few people a shock this last week, really enjoying the extra power!

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
Trying to decide whether to buy a set of coilovers off a mate or not. Heart says yes, head says no. Its just another thing to declare to the insurance (which is expensive enough).

There is 2 things tempting me, 1 the standard suspension is shocking, so it can't be any worse than that ride wise. And 2, I should be able to get them quite cheap as its a mate (at least I hope so!)