Front LED ambient lighting mod - Easy job

mcdonald

Funny thing is that there are PR pictures of the Exeo with these ambient light fitted, and you can find the parts back in the ETKA catalogue.

Same is possible with the reading lights above the backseat, but than the whole unit has to be replaced with this one:

12803535363632623230vn4.jpg

A pre-drilled unit with ambient leds cost appr. GBP 60,--

The same unit without the ambient leds and the 2 necessary holes cost appr. GBP 36,--
Buy the ambient leds, drill 2 holes and mount the leds and you safe yourself a lot of money.

a3%20innenbeleuchtung%20hinten01.jpg

a3%20innenbeleuchtung%20hinten02.jpg

a3%20innenbeleuchtung%20hinten03.jpg

See here: http://www.a3forum.fr/viewtopic.php?t=157

I haven't applied this mod to my Exeo yet, but it's on the wish list.

ak47_uk

Aug 29, 2010
does the rear ones need soldering on the connectors or is there connectors ready for the LED's?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
They look soldered to me, looks like they have soldered onto the circuit for the leds that are there for the button red illumination. I think I'm going to order the LED's
8E0919063A on the phone and mod my rear interior light when I get back home on Saturday.

mcdonald

Had a look in the ETKA catalogue for the rear spline lights with ambient leds.
The part numbers posted on the French A3Forum.fr site are correct and the unit is cheaper than I thought: appr. GBP 45,--.

8E0 947 111 A 9NQ (silver)
8E0 947 111 A 8C1 (torrone beige)
8E0 947 111 A 6PS (black)
8E0 947 111 A EC3 (platina white)

Will check the colour I need tomorrow and than order one. I assume these have the holes for the LEDs already.

exeo_interior_lights.jpg

Last edited:

ak47_uk

Aug 29, 2010
Guys if you do the front or rear LED mod can you post a step by step with pics please.

Cheers

MisterW

Apr 7, 2011
Funny thing is that there are PR pictures of the Exeo with these ambient light fitted, and you can find the parts back in the ETKA catalogue.
My SE Tech seems to already have them in the Front but not in the Rear. Also has lights in the door handles, not sure where else as only had it for a few weeks and not been out in the dark yet...

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Just done my rear light this afternoon. Drilled 2 holes, countersunk them to make it look a bit more OEM, glued the LED's in and soldered the 2 connections.

Cost me £13.

Picture216.jpg

Picture215.jpg

Picture214-1.jpg

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Looks very good!
What size of drill did you use? 3mm?
What's the partnumber of the light module?

I used a 6mm drill and then a slight sniff of a countersinker. Part number for the LED's is 8E0919063A and the price is £13. from my local Audi dealer (they are closer than Seat and can order for next day too.

mcdonald

Have the light unit with ambient LED's above the back seat fitted today.
Drilled 2 holes of 3mm instead because I used the LED's of the ambient LED unit only and not the black plastic housing.
Distance between the 2 holes is 20mm and they're 15mm away from the edge.
Replaced the bulbs for the reading lights with LED's also.

Pictures:

exeo_ambient_01.jpg

exeo_ambient_03.jpg

exeo_ambient_04.jpg

Result:
exeo_ambient_05.jpg

exeo_ambient_06.jpg

exeo_ambient_07.jpg

minimoff

Mar 22, 2011
both look spot on lads :lol:, i think i'll be attempting this mod when i get back from my holidays in a few weeks

keep up the good work :D

bibombs

hello

i would like to put it in my leon mk1, ! i search 8E0 947 111 A but i find 8E0 947 111 AA

is it the same?

exeo_ambient_04.jpg

schutz.php

is there tje place to put DEL?

thanks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members