RGB Ambient Footwell Lighting

tallpaul77

Dec 15, 2022
Well, managed to update both the bcm and gateway. I've now got 30 colours and have activated things like profile.

Updated the MIB to 0516 too from x3xx and using @Chillout Toolbox managed to change the clock to a Rolex Explorer.

Also wrapped up climate control retrofit and got that displaying on the MIB too, but still no footwell lights!!

This is driving me crazy. If anyone can share their adaptations, would be much appreciated.

Reactions: Chillout

tallpaul77

Dec 15, 2022
Copied the adapations, but unfortunately still no footwell lights. I do however now have 3 fault codes

U120300 - Bulb 2 for door contour lighting, Front Left
U117C00 - Bulb 1 for door contour lighting, Rear Right
U120900 - Bulb 2 for door contour lighting, Rear Right

@Chillout did you use OEM or AE in the end? I remember reading on Drive2 and you testing them and liking the AE

OBDEleven is not liking the new Android 14 Beta, so I can't grab my adaptions

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Copied the adapations, but unfortunately still no footwell lights. I do however now have 3 fault codes

U120300 - Bulb 2 for door contour lighting, Front Left
U117C00 - Bulb 1 for door contour lighting, Rear Right
U120900 - Bulb 2 for door contour lighting, Rear Right

@Chillout did you use OEM or AE in the end? I remember reading on Drive2 and you testing them and liking the AE

OBDEleven is not liking the new Android 14 Beta, so I can't grab my adaptions
Oh yeah these bulb errors are probably because of all the channels I enabled..
I currently use AE in the rear, OEM in the front

tallpaul77

Dec 15, 2022
@Chillout if I change all the LIN slave groups to footwell, would that work just to check that the lights actually work? And then attempt to work out the channels?

Apologies for all the questions and thank you for the help!

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
@Chillout if I change all the LIN slave groups to footwell, would that work just to check that the lights actually work? And then attempt to work out the channels?

Apologies for all the questions and thank you for the help!
hmmm, changing the LIN slave groups to footwell.. not sure, you can try. That's how I went at it in the first place. Did you also compare the Leuchte Channels?

And yes, it will be released :)

Reactions: tallpaul77

tallpaul77

Dec 15, 2022
Changing it all 1 by 1 in OBDEleven takes some time! I play around at night when I get a chance. In my head it must be my adaptions as I can't see that 4 brand new OEM lights would be faulty.

Leuchte channels all match 100% to yours. I didnt change some things like panoramic roof and speaker lights as I don't have them.

There wouldn't be something random in another module that needs changing like in the door?

Did you ever find a suitable centre console rgb?

tallpaul77

Dec 15, 2022
If its any use to anyone, latest adaptions from the car. BCM has been changed to high and software updated to DD and gateway updated

Retro fitted:
ambient door lighting
rear LED lights
climate control
folding mirrors

Attachments

• 19 04 2023.txt
    394.6 KB · Views: 110

tallpaul77

Dec 15, 2022
Updated the BCM to DH to match @Chillout and still no luck. I've double checked the wiring to the pins and it all looks correct, just dont understand what I'm missing.

Is anything changed outside of the BCM?

@samcupra did you get around to installing yours yet?

Attachments

• Just BCM with DH.txt
    363.1 KB · Views: 70

tallpaul77

Dec 15, 2022
Reading up on @Chillout LIN work on another website and saw a picture of his footwell light wired up to a test rig and suddenly thought his wiring looks different to mine. Looked at my connectors and postive went to 1, LIN to 2 and negative to 4, what could be wrong? Turns out cheap connectors from Ali have the numbers on the connector in the wrong order! :ROFLMAO:

Just need to change the centre console to RGB now

But on a positive side Ive learnt a lot and managed to update software myself on the BCM, gateway and MIB. Thanks @Chillout for all your help, hard work and inspiration.

Latest creation for the clock standby screen, the classic Omega Speedmaster

Attachments

• Ambient footwell.jpg
    Ambient footwell.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Omega Speedmaster.jpg
    Omega Speedmaster.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Love
Reactions: Chillout
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members