Footwell Ambient lighting 2019 xcellence plus

Stringman

Dec 23, 2021
Hi all

playing with the ambient lighting and I can change the door card to anyone of 30 colours, after using the obeleven tool .
But it seems the footwell is just white.
Is this correct? if so its pretty shite as why go to all the effort of putting in changeable door colours and ignore the footwell?

If it is correct is the a way of changing the footwell LEd so they can change with the door card colours?
or can I just swap the foot well lights for blue ones?

Thanks in advance

Stringman

Dec 23, 2021
Thanks for the reply.
That seem really crap, why go to all the bother of doing half a job?

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
Thanks for the reply.
That seem really crap, why go to all the bother of doing half a job?
Because you first post seemed to say you wanted blue footwell ights?

I've had my car for 4 years & the door lighting has always been set to red (& dimmed), to match the c/c and other knobs & switches. Footwell lighting also completely dimmed - don't need to see my feet when I'm driving as I'm looking outside the car.

I suspect I am much older (76) than you & less interested in how a car looks than in its use as a means of transport.

Hope you manage to enable the colour changes you want.

Reactions: Walone and SRGTD

SRGTD

May 26, 2014

I've had my car for 4 years & the door lighting has always been set to red (& dimmed), to match the c/c and other knobs & switches. Footwell lighting also completely dimmed - don't need to see my feet when I'm driving as I'm looking outside the car.

I suspect I am much older (76) than you & less interested in how a car looks than in its use as a means of transport.

Hope you manage to enable the colour changes you want.

My VW has one colour choice for the ambient lighting; white, which suits me fine. In all honesty, it wouldn’t bother me if it didn’t have ambient lighting at all (I’m also old, so maybe it’s an age thing 🤣), but appreciate that we‘re all different and like different things.

Stringman

Dec 23, 2021

Hope you manage to enable the colour changes you want.I
I was referring to the fact that they allow you to change the colour of the door cards but not the footwell. The wiring and control is already installed so why not put in some controllable RGB lights in the footwell?
If the doors were only white I wouldnt mind ( yes I know I can have white) it just feels like its a petty cost saving thing.
To be honest I will probably just buy some blue lights as I find the colour quite soothing at night ( now whos showing their age lol)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise