Bigecks Red Leon Cupra R - 3" Cobra catback system now fitted

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Well since I've bought my car back after 2 years of not having it I thought I'd post my own progress thread. Be warned tho I swore to the wife that the house will come first this time so the car will get bits slowly but surely lol.

I sold my golf R32 to buy this back but mainly to pay off a few debts and focus on buying another house in the near future.

I used to own this car just over 2 years ago and can honestly say its one I wish I kept. Last week the owner got in touch with me out the blue and said that due to the lack of use he's selling it on and wondered if I was interested in buying it back. I kinda jumped at the chance but always wondered if it would be in just as good a condition when I sold it to him. It was :D with 68k miles on the clock the interior is like new with very minimal wear and the outside just as good with very little stone chips and only a tiny car park ding on the rear passenger door. Not to shabby for a 7yr old car thats not seen any paint.

Its pretty much standard looking with most of the money spent on making it go quicker and stop better. Its been mapped to 269bhp/266lbft and the only other performance mod is a green cotton panel filter with the airbox mod. It has the poly bush dog bone mount so to tighten up the gear changes, an Audi S3 upper strut brace to tighten up the handling and EBC grooved discs with Ferodo DS2500 pads which does the job slowing it down having the big brembos pushing on them. The new owner also had a liquid gauge diagnostic tool fitted which is a great piece of kit although I've no idea how to fully use it lol. I'm over the moon with the car tbh and its saving me over £200 a month which is quite a large amout lol.

I'll update this thread as and when funds allow (or as long the missus give the green light lol).

Anyways here's a few pics of how it stands today.

P6070048resized.jpg

P6070053resized.jpg

P6070054resized.jpg

P6070055resized.jpg

P6070046resized.jpg

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
The Vxr was bloody quick Danny and handled superbly but fell to bits all the bloody time. £1360 for a rebuilt gearbox after only owning the car for 4 weeks was the final straw lol.

This'll be staying with me for a while now ;)

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Cheers guys, its good to be back but its a pity somethings on here have changed for the worse :(

Just back my holidays today so i'll hopefully get these leaky doors sorted this week once this so called heatwave starts lol

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Well I did say it would be a very slow progress lol.

I bought this on eBay Thursday and it came through today. Seems pretty well made I just hope it clears underneath my strut brace.

b53b5a0a.jpg

Jun 16, 2008
hello mate

have you learnt how to use the Liquid.G yet?

its one of the best things to use to diagnose any running problems with the car.
check your fuel, boost, and more importantly CF factors.

what tuning company did you go with?

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I've not really tried all the functions tbh mate. The car was already fitted with it when I bought it back. I check every now and then for faults and so far so good. Done the speed timing a few times lol. It's the g/s meter, bhp/torque reading I can't manage to work out how to get a reading.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Got the sfs performance 3" tip delivered today. Feels and looks like a great piece of kit. Just waiting on the joiner now then i'll get it fitted.

The only down side is the jubilee clips never arrived so i'll need to get that sorted asap :(

659b3827.jpg

d982e09d.jpg

6b64e50c.jpg

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
The K&N was the only filter I could find that came in red lol.

RDS has run one in his for a good while now and his results are bloody good so its good enough for me :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise