Slims 2003 LCR

SlimLCR

Oct 21, 2011
Lincoln
Thought'd I'd put up the spec of my car, and once I have a high enough post count I'll tread you all to some pics too :happy:

I had a 1991 Corrado G60, but had the supercharger replaced with an IHI VF22 turbo and was running 300bhp. I decided that it was time for something a little newer. Initailly I thought about getting a Leon FR but I couldnt silence my Petrol Turbo craving!! So went and brought this little beauty.

The basics:

104k miles,
Flash Red,
FSH,
receipts for EVERYTHING.
280bhp and 310 lbs/ft of torque

The mods:

Exterior
Fabia rear wiper
Matt black wheels
Fog lights removed

Interior:

225 steering wheel
'Cupra R' tax disc holder
Stainless 'R' footrest
Passat W8 interior light
Liquid Gauge in airvent mount

Handling & Brakes:

Brembo 4pot front callipers
Audi S3 front strut brace
Custom polished rear strut brace
Golf R32 23" front ARB Whiteline
24" adjustable ARB (set to hard)
Powerflex dog bone bush
TFS uprated top engine mounts
EBC Ultimax Vented disc and Ferodo DS2500 pads (front):

Engine bay/performance:

Revo stage 2 remap with select plus switch
Blueflame turbo back system
Toyosports FMIC
Forge 007p diverter valve
Forge quickshift
Yellow SFS silicone turbo hoses
Yellow SFS silicone TIP
Yellow silicone vacuum hoses
Forge silicone brake hose
Polished custom dipstick
Polished charged pipe
Polished inlet manifold
Polished Forge oil cap
Polished Forge water cap
Polished Nuespeed washer bottle cap
Polished Nuespeed power steering cap
Forge carbon fibre engine cover
Throttle body painted satin black
Huge K&N cone filter with alloy pipe and yellow SFS silicone joiner
3" cold air feed
Jabbasport heatsheild

I'm loving the car!

Next mod is to get the clutch replaced as I think it's starting to slip. Might treat myself to one of the Awesome GTi clutch and flywheel kits as they are getting good reviews.[B)]

SlimLCR

Oct 21, 2011
Lincoln
Time for an update I guess!
Now I'm not such a noobie I can get a few pictures up.

Back in January I was in the market for a new car to replace my ageing Corrado. Having owned the corrado for over 6 years it was no easy decision to part with but a new job and a longer commute ment I would no longer have the time to continually fix it! By the time I'd finished it was pretty unique.
Starting life as a G60 it ended up with a full Jabbasport rebuilt engine, bored to 1.9, big valve head, an IHI VF22 turbo and lots of other goodies ment it was running 300bhp. Here's a few pictures, it wasn't built to be pretty, but it put a smile on my face :D

DSC00283.jpg

23062010175.jpg

12122009025.jpg

It seemed a Leon ticked all my requirements. Great looks, fun and big enough to get my dog and daughter in :D after a quick look on the Internet I found what I hoped was the perfect car.
Here's how it looked when I picked her up, for those of you that might recognise the car and plate it was Mashburns.

08012012562.jpg

Lee understandably wanted his private plate back so a quick trip to the dvla later and it was wearing its original registration.

Since having e car I've changed very little, there wasn't any need to! Although in July it failed the MOT on a cracked spring on the rear so took this opportunity to fit some H&R 20mm lowering springs, not the easiest of jobs in a hurry, and resulted in my snapping a rear brake hose....[:@]
Soon sorted and all was good, until the undertray fell off, luckily it stayed intact so just need new fittings. Only other change is 4 new Goodyear Eagle F1.
Here's a few pics I've taken recently, excuse the state of the car, I'd spent 5 months in Afghanistan and hadn't had the time to give it a proper wash!

3322a752823b75556541399f02bf0141.jpg

eb601caec9b33bd952e423051fac17a4.jpg

22a5190f4772ecf7a32452db5b368d1b.jpg

b2e74ed57f5903973c23e4e652346bb1.jpg

08012012570.jpg

SlimLCR

Oct 21, 2011
Lincoln
Not sure yet, I'd like to say that the cars pretty much perfect how it is but you know how these things are.... ;) Top of my list is to refit the undertray and tonight it it seems my thermostat has stuck open, Fault code 17704 and the temp struggles to hit 90.
Might upgrade to HIDs in the new year, and a square front number plate, more to add my own touches to it.

Since returning from Afghanistan, the clutch has been fine. No slipping in 5th or 6th like before. If it starts slipping again then ill get it changed.

SlimLCR

Oct 21, 2011
Lincoln
Just had delivered my MkIV golf aero wiper deliver that I'd won on eBay, for the grand total of £13.25!! £8 bid and then £5.25 delivery :) massive gin on my face. Just need to modify the passenger arm to fit properly.

SlimLCR

Oct 21, 2011
Lincoln
Yeh it really sets the car off I think! Rear brakes are yellow too and I have toyed with the idea of colouring my R badges on the side yellow too. MIT have to try a quick photoshop later, after I've fitted my new wipers :D

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
coloouring them? you know you can buy yellow ones off ebay

i took all mine off for respray and never put them back on as im not a badge fan

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
good lad!

what do you think of your liquid? thats on my list of things this year but wanna make sure before i splash the cash on it

SlimLCR

Oct 21, 2011
Lincoln
It's awesome, really awesome to be honest! I normally use it for monitoring coolant and oil temps but its great for checking out lots of other bits, even for TB reset.

SlimLCR

Oct 21, 2011
Lincoln
Know what you mean, it's probably not something I'd buy. However having used one now I would definitely recommend it and will be a future purchase on cars I might buy.

Update: aero wipers fitted :D
d4d4502427179f12a1e194ccd50de284_zpsc4744484.jpg

SlimLCR

Oct 21, 2011
Lincoln
Decided to spray my grill badge today as I wasn't a fan of the big Crome S!

ffda9345cc14a236c33c21cdefb3465f_zpsb9e57d68.jpg

Going to spray the side grills black to match too, and then the boot badge/opening handle.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.