Going Hybrid

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Just out of interest how much would a big turbo set up cost? I guess supporting mods would be: Big FMIC, TIP, turbo back exhaust, bigger throttle body, inlet manifold, bigger injectors, uprated fuel pump, rods.? Would you also need big port/gas flowed head, cams? Sorry for the remedial question just trying to learn. Is there any RR's or guilds worth reading?

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Dan have you got a RR? I don't know how far I'll go with my car but I figure that if I buy supporting mods that could be used for a BT then I won't be buy twice.

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
£870 knickers!!! Isn't that a bit expensive for a k04? Also ( not wanting to ruffle any feathers ) aren't euro parts the cheap end of the Market? Sure backdraft in Milton Keynes did a refurb trade in for less.
Again sorry if I upset anyone. Just pointing out past comments or experiences .

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
£870 knickers!!! Isn't that a bit expensive for a k04? Also ( not wanting to ruffle any feathers ) aren't euro parts the cheap end of the Market? Sure backdraft in Milton Keynes did a refurb trade in for less.
Again sorry if I upset anyone. Just pointing out past comments or experiences .

You can buy a genuine KKK for this price, if I remember mine was about that, also the turbo listed on ECP says it OE quality which to me means non genuine.

Dannyh

The Black Pearl
Dec 30, 2011
Manchester
Well an update the turbo from euro (which I was getting at trade price) was the wrong one £500 for a KO3 I knew instantly it was the wrong one an they wanted £150 more for the KO4 so I knocked that on the head and removed my turbo ready to send off. Not sure where I'm sending it yet but it needs to leave my house tomorrow so I can have it by next weekend,

Dannyh

The Black Pearl
Dec 30, 2011
Manchester
Yea spike to them all. Called like 5-6 company's and they all quote around 350-400 to fix but they don't know what it needs till they get it?

Dannyh

The Black Pearl
Dec 30, 2011
Manchester
Well guys they orded the wrong turbo for me a KO3 for the KO4 they wanted an extra £150 so it would cost £700, thats a joke,
so i removed my turbo and its boxed ready to be sent off, i have however been offered a KO4 hybrid and was wondering, as i have no other mods apart from a TIP and ITG cone i want it mapped safe.
Will i be able to get a map producing around 260-270 bhp and low torque until i upgrade my rods,

Dannyh

The Black Pearl
Dec 30, 2011
Manchester
Well spoken to Awesome, I explained my situation and said that I might get a hybrid as my turbo is being rebuilt and if they could adjust the software so that it is around 260/270 and not maxed out and killing my rods, they said that can can’t offer this it would just be a generic stage 1 or 2 software so it’s just a lottery as to what power it produces. It’s kind of put me off a hybrid now as I know there is no freedom with mapping.