Changing tires from 225/40-18 to 235 or 245

stoy2die4

Hey guys,
I have the Cupra style Orion wheels on my Leon that go stock with 225/40-18. Any of you running 235 or 245 on /40-18? The reason I'm asking is because I want a bit of a softer ride and more wide look. Going on 225/45-18 is absolutely out of question..:ban:. That's why I will go with a wider tire which will bump up the height too. I will go under the car tomorrow to check if the rim is 7.5J or 8J to make sure I can do that operation..
Any suggestions? :)

Invincible

Dec 21, 2008
Dubai
Original rims are 7.5J
I ran on them 235/40-18 with H&R lowering springs with no issues at all, looked awesome and handled better!
now im running 7.5J with ET35 and 235/40-18 and loving it

stoy2die4

Original rims are 7.5J
I ran on them 235/40-18 with H&R lowering springs with no issues at all, looked awesome and handled better!
now im running 7.5J with ET35 and 235/40-18 and loving it

Invincible, 235 would be the max size for a 7.5J, right? If my wheels are 7.5J, I would go for the same set up as you, because 245 will be too much for 7.5J I believe.

To be honest, it looks like I do have enough space for 225/45 (i don't have lowered springs), however everyone told me that the tire height will be too much. Will add a picture later.

Hey, can you post a picture here of your set up. I would like to see how it looks. :)

Invincible

Dec 21, 2008
Dubai
Invincible, 235 would be the max size for a 7.5J, right? If my wheels are 7.5J, I would go for the same set up as you, because 245 will be too much for 7.5J I believe.

To be honest, it looks like I do have enough space for 225/45 (i don't have lowered springs), however everyone told me that the tire height will be too much. Will add a picture later.

Hey, can you post a picture here of your set up. I would like to see how it looks. :)

245-40 is too wide and will look out of place. 45 profile is also too high so better wtick with 235-40.
heres a photo with the original rims

photo2sgs.jpg

and below is with the supercopa race car rims

img3255d.jpg

dsc0193ct.jpg

Last edited:

Tiburon

Aug 2, 2012
Israel
Damn Invincible
You have got the best looking Mk2 i ever seen in my opinion.
Everything is in place just like I want mine (maybe in the future :) )

stoy2die4

Damn Invincible

True, indeed! Crazy hot mk2! :D

Now going back to the topic.. mine is not lowered like yours and if my rims are 8J (I will check soon) I will probably go with 245/40. Just because I need some side tire height and a softer ride. Also, finding good deals on 235/40 is much harder than 225 and 245.

Anyone using 245 to share experience??? Yes.. no...

Invincible

Dec 21, 2008
Dubai
very nice...and these are with 235s are they...love it

Damn Invincible

True, indeed! Crazy hot mk2! :D

Now going back to the topic.. mine is not lowered like yours and if my rims are 8J (I will check soon) I will probably go with 245/40. Just because I need some side tire height and a softer ride. Also, finding good deals on 235/40 is much harder than 225 and 245.

Anyone using 245 to share experience??? Yes.. no...
thanks, if they're 8J and your car is lowered, make sure the offset is not very far from stock one, otherwise you might be getting a little rubbing which I had on my ET35 offset. A set of Anti roll bars has hugely improved the handling and killed any rubbing issues I had

toledo_Kw

Sorry to raise this topic again

I have a similar question. I have ordered Oz Wave 8x18 ET48 rims and I was wondering if the wheels will rub any "side" with 235/40's

My car is Leon 1.6 mpi on 30mm/30mm Weitec's

I see some of you guys are fitting them on Cupra's/Fr's, and I am not sure if my wheel arches are same or maybe Cupra's are wider/deeper

cila555

CiLA
Apr 2, 2010
Kosice - Slovakia
www.cila.sk
photo2sgs.jpg

... sorry for my question out of topic but which company make this roof spoiler? On web I found more variants but this is nicest. Some legacy on buying. Thanks for answer.
Very nice shine :)

Last edited:

toledo_Kw

That should be the original Seat Sport/Cupra roof spoiler

you can find it on ebay

I think the PN is 1P1071650 for some markets.
It costs around 250 EUR

Invincible

Dec 21, 2008
Dubai
photo2sgs.jpg

... sorry for my question out of topic but which company make this roof spoiler? On web I found more variants but this is nicest. Some legacy on buying. Thanks for answer.
Very nice shine :)

Hey, this is a replica of the original K1 roof spoiler, part number 1P1071650 as mentioned earlier, I bought this off ebay for around 40 GBP.
If you have the extra cash to spend on the original one, I would highly recommend it as the quality of the original one is much better, and its a lot lighter as well.
hope this helps :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.