42 DD Shifter Bushes

Fishy

May 16, 2005
The best thing I'd say is remove your air box and check, only takes a couple of mins to do.

Fish

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
These were a complete nightmare! I waited 2-3 months for mine to deliver! first set was wrong and had to wait for a fresh batch from the US...But defin worth doing cheap mod but very noticeable difference!

Take your time doing it, do not drop the clip down the engine bay or your in for trouble...

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
best i can do in teh dark with a phone camera whilst it snows.

20130120_155615.jpg

20130120_155552.jpg

20130120_155530.jpg

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Make sure you double check which kit you need.
There's a fee different kits for Leon.
Pretty sure it's to do with how the side to side cable is secured that's the difference.
As above looks like you need the first ones.
Do a little research on 42 draft designs website to be 100%.
Awesome delivered mine within 2 days but supplied the wrong number ( not the kit I ordered)
I then returned them at my expense and had to wait for them to receive them back before they'd dispatch the proper ones.
But again had them within 2 days of dispatch.

Last edited:
Make sure you double check which kit you need.
There's a fee different kits for Leon.
Pretty sure it's to do with how the side to side cable is secured that's the difference.
As above looks like you need the first ones.
Do a little research on 42 draft designs website to be 100%.
Awesome delivered mine within 2 days but supplied the wrong number ( not the kit I ordered)
I then returned them at my expense and had to wait for them to receive them back before they'd dispatch the proper ones.
But again had them within 2 days of dispatch.

Nothing to do with the post (although I am considering the bushes) but I do like the look of your cupra, the look and stance is spot on.

Last edited:

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
kev not got the foggiest. based on my pictures would you say kit one??? im guessing my kit will be different to yours as yours is a new car

Yeah as you have the metal side to side bracket with metal retaining clip it is the top one that you need. So the kit you require ends in 007
Nice and simple to fit if you have the metal bracket like yours too.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yours is just unclip the rods and unclip the bushes.
Would take 10 mins since you've no engine cover fitted.
You should look on you tube and decide if you think you could do it.
Makes a nice difference making gear changes smoother with less free play.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012

Take a look here: http://www.42draftdesigns.com/tech/shifterbushings.html

Checked my car today (07 Cupra) and the mechanism is identical to yours. Looking at the end fittings they are both square and roughly the same size, so I suspect the kit with circular bushings on both ends is the right one. I am going to check for sure once my short shifter arrives.

If you order your kit in the meantime can you let us know if it was the right one? :)

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
hmm now you have me questioning what i have ordered

i think looking at my pictures i have 2 of the same "Square" ones which means i have the 2006 linkage in my car if i go by the link you have put up???