CUPRA 300 coming next year

IMC

Feb 4, 2016
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hi All,

I was just browsing through the Bulgarian Seat site and found something interesting in the price list CUPRA 300 is expected in 2017. No details yet.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Could just be that SEAT Bulgaria are going to sell mapped cars.

SEAT Sweden did it with the MK2 LCR, they sold a Cupra R 310.

This also could be the other thing I have heard about which is expected 2017.

benhella

May 3, 2015

What have you heard?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012

Surely not involving d, w and 4:confused:

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
At the recent SEAT Worcester open day and meet we were told that there is talk of a 300 with 4wd coming in the ST only next year.

YerMaw

Jul 4, 2016
You have to imagine a 300ps model with 4wd would need to be priced slightly higher than the current 290 so it would be near enough right in Golf R territory. That would be utterly pointless.

Tony81

Jul 20, 2016
Had to register just to share the following - just coming back from the BG Seat dealership where i wanted to order a 290 build to my liking (my awesome 1.8 FR with all options is going to the lady).

Was a bit of a shock that they told me they no longer take orders for Cupra 290 due to the facelift launching around March`17...

The dealer told me last month he has been to Spain where behind closed doors the FL was shown - the Ateca lights are true :( but he mentioned the new car`s interior being made of higher quality materials, electronic handbrake, something about the side mirrors dead zone and that there would be a 4WD option.

Which really doesnt add up as if it is a 4WD then the HP should be at least 350+ to compensate - i doubt they will release a FL which will be slower than the 290.

Anyway, quite disappointed seems i have to go and order a second hand 290 (i hate the Ateca head lights) which hopefully will drop in price after the reveal in Sep`16.

Deleted member 73808

Hate the electronic handbrake in the wife's A6.
If the leon is going to end up with one I best start looking for alternatives for when I replace my current leon.

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Had to register just to share the following - just coming back from the BG Seat dealership where i wanted to order a 290 build to my liking (my awesome 1.8 FR with all options is going to the lady).

Was a bit of a shock that they told me they no longer take orders for Cupra 290 due to the facelift launching around March`17...

Think they are still taking orders for the 290 Black but not the std 290 AFAIK, or that seemed the case a few days ago

YerMaw

Jul 4, 2016
Hate the electronic handbrake in the wife's A6.
If the leon is going to end up with one I best start looking for alternatives for when I replace my current leon.

I have one in the golf. I'd rather not have one again.

When did someone decide that pulling a lever was so much of a hardship anyway? It wasn't a problem that needed solving so why has someone so fit to do so.

It will be interesting to see how they position a 4wd option (hopefully it is only an option and not the only choice). Headline grabbing 0-60 no doubt, probably add a bit to the price but will be slower in real terms unless it does get more power. Would they dare give the Seat more power than the S3?

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Aww I really don't want an estate. :D

I guess this makes sense as they already fit the 4WD to the ST so from a factory Capex point of view it works with little investment. They simply drop the EA888 into current production and the associated map.

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
4wd 300hp estate Leon sounds perfect to me. I agree that it is similar to the Golf R but that is not available in estate form anymore as far as I know, and the Leon looks much nicer.

YerMaw

Jul 4, 2016
The golf R is still available in estate form and it's regularly on cheap lease so need to be a right seat fan to no doubt pay a bit more for the seat version.

Xpo

May 7, 2016
Sweden
I think it's wrong of Seat to make it 4wd and with e-brake. It becomes so close to a Golf R then, and another 10hp is not going to make a difference.
The main reason i got my Cupra 280 was that i got the "R-engine", but it wasn't as heavy as an R or Audi S3. And i felt i really didn't need 4wd. Oh and it still had a regular handbrake lol
I still prefer driving the Cupra or Golf mk7 gti over the R. They are both more fun for spirited driving.
The only complaint i have with the Seat is the interior, that is much better looking in the Golf and a whole nother level in the Audi.
But i guess that's what you pay extra for in those.

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
The golf R is still available in estate form and it's regularly on cheap lease so need to be a right seat fan to no doubt pay a bit more for the seat version.

Oh yeah, just looked and seen that it is still available, I am sure it wasnt last time I looked. Nearly £38k tho to get to same spec as a Leon is likely to have and I am sure the Leon Cupra 300 would come in less than that, will have to wait and see.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise